RELIGIOUS FANATICISM PART 6
Bringing the marriage party of sin, Babar has invaded from Kabul... (sggs 722).
RELIGION AND WARS
"God is Love" is the experience of all Prophets and Spiritual Beings. The true scriptural texts containing their teachings also gush this declaration. Thus they tell us that the true Wisdom is the Love of the All-pervading Self; and that the Love of the Self is to Love all. Yet, the human society is war and killing-ridden. What a paradox! Genuine religions, true scriptures, and the real teachings of the Men of Light do not support hatred, wars and violence. Also, they strongly condemn immorality and greedy exploitation of others that have been carried on in the name of religion and God.
- ਭੋਲੇ ਭਾਇ ਮਿਲੇ ਰਘੁਰਾਇਆ ॥: Bholae bhaae milae raghuraaeiaa: Through innocent Love, God is met (sggs 324).
- ਸਗਲੀ ਜੋਤਿ ਜਾਤਾ ਤੂ ਸੋਈ ਮਿਲਿਆ ਭਾਇ ਸੁਭਾਏ ॥: Saglee jot jaataa too soee miliaa bhaae subhaaeae: Your Light is in everyone; through it, You are known. Through Love, You are naturally met (sggs 764).
- ਪ੍ਰੇਮੁ ਨ ਚਾਖਿਆ ਮੇਰੀ ਤਿਸ ਨ ਬੁਝਾਨੀ ॥: Prem n chaakhiaa maeree tis na bujhaanee: I have not tasted Divine Love, and my thirst is not quenched (sggs 356).
- ਬੈਰ ਬਿਰੋਧ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਮੋਹ ॥ ਝੂਠ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਭ ਧ੍ਰੋਹ ॥ ਇਆਹੂ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਬਿਹਾਨੇ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ॥: Bair birodhh kaam krodhh moh. Jhooth bikaar mahaa lobh dhroh. Eiaahoo jugati bihaane kaee janam: Hate, conflict, lust, anger, emotional attachment, falsehood, corruption, immense greed and deceit. So many lifetimes are wasted in these ways (sggs 267).
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. Overcome anger by love (Buddha).
- God is love (Bible, 1John 4:8).
False ego is always at war. Hence, wars are the direct manifestation of human greed, selfishness, etc. Therefore, the fault lies with the greedy and selfish people, not with the Prophets or the true spirit of religions and their scriptures. And the greed and selfishness is the progeny of man's ignorance of his Essential Nature, and his confusion about the real purpose of life. The Men of Light come to this world to help us eradicate our ignorance and confusion, not to teach us warring and killing in hate and greed. "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?", asks Christ.
- ਜਨਮੁ ਬਿਹਾਨੋ ਅਹੰਕਾਰਿ ਅਰੁ ਵਾਦਿ ॥: Janam bihaano ahankaar aru vaad: This human life is passing away in egotism and conflict (sggs 898).
- ਆਪੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਬੀਚਾਰੇ ਸੋਇ ॥: Aap nivaar beechaare soyi: One who eliminates selfishness contemplates God (sggs 222).
- ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨਿਤ ਝਗਰਤੇ ਝਗਰਾਇਆ ॥: Kaam krodh lobh moh nit jhagarte jhagaraayaa: Lust, anger, greed and attachment to delusion bring continual conflict and strife (sggs 984).
- ਕਾਮੁ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਲੋਭੁ ਮੋਹੁ ਨਿਵਾਰੇ ਨਿਵਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਬੈਰਾਈ ॥: Kaam krodh lobh moh nivaare nivare sagal bairaaee: When lust, anger, greed and attachment to delusion are eradicated; then I have no more enemies (sggs 1000).
- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul (Bible Mar 8:36)?
In addition to teaching false doctrines and absurd and frightening concepts about God, many religions and their clergy have betrayed their Prophets, their scriptural texts and God by their actions. To put it otherwise, what the clergy and their establishments have done in the past, and have continued to do in our time, is the opposite of what the God of the scriptures requires and the opposite of what the Prophets (Buddha, Mahavir, Jesus, Muhammad, Nanak, Kabeer, Zarathustra, etc.) taught us.
- ਅੰਧਾ ਝਖਿ ਝਖਿ ਪਇਆ ਝੇਰਿ ॥: Andhaa jhakh jhakh paiaa jheri: The spiritually blind fool is caught in conflict, bothered and bewildered (sggs 1287).
- ਖਿੰਚੋਤਾਣਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੇਤਾਲੇ ॥: Khinchotaan karahi betaale: The demons stir up conflict and strife (sggs 1031).
- ਮਨਮੁਖੀਆ ਸਿਰਿ ਮਾਰ ਵਾਦਿ ਖਪਾਈਐ ॥: Manmukheeaa siri maar vaad khapaaeeai: The problem of the Manmukh's (a material being) head is this: he is consumed by conflict (sggs 420).
- ਵੈਰੁ ਕਰੇ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ ਨਾਲਿ ਝੂਠੇ ਲਾਲਚਾ ॥: Vair karae nirvair naal jhoothae laalachaa: He tries to take vengeance upon God, who bears no vengeance; such a person is rapped by falsehood and greed (sggs 1099).
Nowadays, dishonest politicians, kings, rulers, leaders, etc., in collaboration with wily clergy play with religion and use it as a cover for personal gains. As a result, the world is tasting today more violence, more hatred, more communalism, more danger, more animosity, more conflicts and more wars. Politics without pure religion is nothing but corruption. Prophets taught their followers not to meddle in world's such corrupt political affairs nor to get involved in its wars. They also taught them to be peace-loving, to be law-abiding, to be truthful and righteous, to be kind and generous, to be restrained and peaceful, to be full of selfless love for their fellow humans free from any prejudices, even willing to sacrifice their own lives rather than take the lives of others.
- ਮੈਲੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡਾਇ ਕੈ ਈਸ ॥: Mailae brahamandaae kai ees: The rulers of kingdoms are corrupt (sggs 1158).
- ਬਿਪਰੀਤ ਬੁਧ੍ਹੰ ਮਾਰਤ ਲੋਕਹ ਨਾਨਕ ਚਿਰੰਕਾਲ ਦੁਖ ਭੋਗਤੇ ॥: Bipareet budham maarat lokah Nanak chirankaal dukh bhogate: Those cruel-minded rulers who oppress the people, O Nanak, will suffer in pain for a very long time (sggs 1356).
- No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his soul in behalf of his friends (Bible, John 15:13). If one makes the statement 'I love God', and yet is hating his brother (other being in the family of mankind), he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brothers (1 John, 4:20-21).
- Where there is hatred, let me sow love (The prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi).
Indeed, the Spiritual giants taught that the selfless Love for other humans would be the mark that would identify true religious persons from pretenders — true Sikhs from false Sikhs, true Christians from false Christians, true Muslims from false Muslims, true Hindu from false Hindus, true Buddhist from false Buddhist, and so on. Only love can conquer hatred and see God Within and without. In truth, selfless love across all barriers constitutes religion.
- ਸਦਾ ਮੁਕਤੁ ਰਹੈ ਇਕ ਰੰਗੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਕਿਸੈ ਨਾਲਿ ਕਾਹਾ ਹੇ ॥: Ssdaa mukat rahai ik rangee naahee kisai naal kaahaa he: In the Love of the One Lord, one remains liberated forever; he is not in conflict with anyone (sggs 1054).
- ਬਿਨੁ ਪ੍ਰੀਤੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਬਦੈ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਪਾਇ ॥: Bin preetee bhagti n hovayee bin shabde thaai n paai: Without love, no Devotion is possible; and without Shabad or Naam, no one finds acceptance (sggs 67).
- ਛੋਡਹੁ ਕਪਟੁ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਰਵੈਰਾ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੰਗਿ ਨਿਹਾਰੇ ॥: Shodahu kapatt hoi niravairaa so prabh sangi nihaare: Abandon your deception, and go beyond vengeance; see God who is always with you (sggs 1220).
- ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਕੇ ਭਗਤ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ ॥: Paarabraham ke bhagat niravair: The devotees of the Supreme Lord are beyond hate and vengeance (sggs 1145).
- I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves (Bible, John 13:34-35; 15:12).
- If any one slew a person--unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land--it would be as if he slew the whole people: And if any one saves a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people (Quraan 5:35).
- He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love (Bible, 1John 4:8).
- The best type of yogi is he who feels for others, whether in grief or pleasure, even as he feels for himself (Gita 6:32).
Yet, century after century, the clergy of many world religions have meddled in the world's political affairs and have supported the wars of their nations. They have also supported the opposing sides in wars within their own religion. For example, in the two world wars of the last century the clergy of Christendom not only supported the opposing sides within Christendom, each side prayed for victory and members of one religion from one country were killing members of that same religion from another country. Jesus was adamantly opposed to war. Still, during the religious history of Europe and middle-east, Christian "Crusaders" and Muslims alike killed each other along with countless innocent people, and destroyed sacred places of worship (churches, mosques, synagogues, etc.); all in the name of religion and God!
- ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਬਾਦੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ॥: Parr parr pandit baad vakhaanai: The priests, read and read scriptutes endlessly, only to stir up arguments and controversies (sggs 152).
- In Bible, God promises that he will "make wars to cease to the extremity of the earth." "Nations will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore." (Psalm 46:9; Isaiah 2:4).
In India, history reports that Muslim emperor Aurangzeb would not take his morning breakfast until he had either forcefully converted thousands of people of other religions ("Savaa Mann Janeyu") into Islam or killed those who resisted the conversion; all in the name of his religion and God! He beheaded Guru Teg Bahadur, and waged war against Guru Gobind Singh. Such heinous acts of Aurangzeb were fully supported by the Muslim clergy. History of every country is full of such horror stories. Thus, while the clergy and their followers have claimed to be religious, they have contradicted the teachings of their Prophets. In truth, according to the scriptural teachings, it's unholy to instigate or start war; although, as we know, some wars are inevitable.
- ਜਿਤੁ ਤਨਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਭਾਵਈ ਤਿਤੁ ਤਨਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਵਾਦੁ ॥: Jit tani naam na bhaavaee tit tani houmai vaad: That body which does not appreciate the Divine Naam, that body is infested with egotism and conflict (sggs 61).
- ਹਉਮੈ ਝਗੜਾ ਪਾਇਓਨੁ ਝਗੜੈ ਜਗੁ ਮੁਇਆ ॥: Haumai jgagrhaa paaionjhagrhai jag muiaa: Through egotism, the world is caught in conflict and strife, and it dies (in these quarrels and suffers...). (sggs 790).
- ਖੁਰਾਸਾਨ ਖਸਮਾਨਾ ਕੀਆ ਹਿੰਦੁਸਤਾਨੁ ਡਰਾਇਆ ...: Khuraasaan khasamaanaa keeaa hindusataan daraaiaa: Having attacked Khuraasaan, Baabar terrified Hindustan. Do not blame the Creator; for it was the Mugal who invaded as the messenger of death. There was so much slaughter that the people screamed. But he (Baabar) didn't feel any compassion (sggs 360).
- ਮਨਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਸਲੋਧੁ ਨਿਰਪ ਧਾਵਹਿ ਲੜਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥: Hearts and minds filled with the horribly poisonous essence of anger, the kings fought their wars and obtained only pain. Their minds were afflicted with the illness of egotism, and their self-conceit and arrogance increased (sggs 445).
- Let there be no compulsion (or coercion) in religion (Islam). The right direction is distinctly clear from error (Quran, 2:256).
- Put away the sword (Bible, Matt 26:51-52).
- The children of God and the children of the devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate God, neither does he who does not love his brother (Bible, 1 John 3:10-12).
- To Allah belong the East and the West: Wherever you turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing" (Quraan 2:115).
For centuries the Christian and Muslim clergy collaborated with their respective political powers when they conquered, enslaved, plundered, looted and humiliated other people. They were in the forefront of the persecuting, torturing, and killing of those who disagreed with them. For instance, during the age of imperialism or colonialism, that was the case for centuries in Asia, Africa and other parts of the world. During the Inquisition, which lasted for many centuries, fiendish practices, such as torture and murder, were authorized and carried out against decent, innocent people by the clergy and their lackey who claimed to be Christian. It is reported that they even tried to stamp out the Bible so that the common people could not read it. In Islam, Seas and Sunnis cannot see eye to eye. The same is true with all other organized world religions as well.
- ਕੋਟੀ ਹੂ ਪੀਰ ਵਰਜਿ ਰਹਾਏ ਜਾ ਮੀਰੁ ਸੁਣਿਆ ਧਾਇਆ ...: Kottee hoo peer varaji rehaae jaa meer suniaa dhaaeiaa ....: Millions of religious leaders failed to halt the invader, when they heard of the Emperor's invasion. He burned the rest-houses and the ancient temples; he cut the princes limb from limb, and cast them into the dust. None of the Mugals went blind, and no one performed any miracle. The battle raged between the Mugals and the Pat'haans, and the swords clashed on the battlefield. They took aim and fired their guns, and they attacked with their elephants. Those men whose letters were torn in the Lord's Court, were destined to die, O Siblings of Destiny. The Hindu women, the Muslim women, the Bhattis and the Rajputs; some had their robes torn away, from head to foot, while others came to dwell in the cremation ground. Their husbands did not return home - how did they pass their night? (sggs 418).
- ਮਨਿ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਕ੍ਰੋਧੁ ਮਹਾ ਬਿਸਲੋਧੁ ਨਿਰਪ ਧਾਵਹਿ ਲੜਿ ਦੁਖੁ ਪਾਇਆ ॥: Mani hiradai krodh mahaa bisalodh nirap dhaavahi larr dukh paaeiaa: Their hearts and minds are filled with the horribly poisonous essence of anger. The kings fight their wars and obtain only pain (sggs 445).
- Everyone who hates his brother (i.e. fellow human being) is a man-slayer (Bible, 1 John 3:15).
Clergy, religious leaders and religious regimes make people blindly believe that the whole truth is stated only in the scriptures of their own religion, and if anything is not stated in those scriptures of their own religion, then, it cannot be true. This is why their is so much hatred towards other religions and other scriptures; for people think that other religions and their scriptural texts are false, hence, must be destroyed. They name their blind religious zeal as "Jihad", "Crusade", "Dharam Yudh" or "Holy War"; and perpetrate untold sufferings and cruelty on humanity in the name of religion and God.
Such stubborn fanatics suffering from the mental ailment of duality, create frightening concepts such as a separate God of Muslims, a separate God of Christian, a separate God of Sikhs, a separate God of Hindus, and so on. To them a Sikh soul is different than a Christian soul or a Hindu soul or a Muslim soul, and vice versa. Thus, they sow the seeds of hatred, animosity, and dissatisfaction in the human society. As a result, the world history is soaked with wars, holocaust and innocent blood; all in the name of religion and God. In this fallen condition, ignorant fools commit sins through their Mann (mind or thought), Bachan (speech or word), and Karam (body or deeds).
- ਮੂਰਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਆਖੀ ਸੂਝੈ ॥ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰਸੁ ਨਹੀ ਕਹਿਆ ਬੂਝੈ ॥ ਬਿਖੁ ਕਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਜਗ ਸਿਉ ਲੂਝੈ ॥੬॥: Moorakhu hoi n aakhee soojhai ..: That person is a fool who does not see (the All-pervading Lord...) with his eyes; whose tongue is devoid of the (Naam-) Ras (ਨਾਮ-ਰਸ, Taste of Naam...), and who does not understand (the Gurmat, Gurbani's Teaching...). Intoxicated with the poison (of Maya), he argues with the world ||6|| (sggs 414).
- ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਕਮਲਾ ਰਗੜੈ ਲੁਝੈ ॥: Manmukh kamalaa ragrrai loojhai: The Manmukh (material being) drives himself crazy struggling with worries and stubbornness (sggs 1418).
No, this is not God-centered activity. Such demoniac work is indicative of being false religionist, which has nothing to do with God and Spirituality. However, the failure of the clergy of the world religions does not mean the failure of the Spiritual Masters and the scriptural texts. Rather, it shows why wickedness, corruption, fraud, hatred, differences, fanaticism, danger, tension, animosity, vengeance pain and suffering exist throughout the earth!
- ਕਲਜੁਗਿ ਰਥੁ ਅਗਨਿ ਕਾ ਕੂੜੁ ਅਗੈ ਰਥਵਾਹੁ ॥੧॥: Kaljugi rath agan kaa koorr aggi rathavaah ||1||: Kalijug is the chariot of fire, and falsehood is the charioteer ||1|| (sggs 470).
- ਕਲਿਜੁਗ ਮਹਿ ਧੜੇ ਪੰਚ ਚੋਰ ਝਗੜਾਏ ॥: Kalijuga mahi dharre panch chor jhagarraae: In Kalijuga, the five thieves (i.e., all evil passions or Bikaar) instigate alliances and conflicts (sggs 366).
- ਬਦਫੈਲੀ ਗੈਬਾਨਾ ਖਸਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਈ ... : Badfailee gaibaanaa khasam na jaanaee ...: The foolish demon, who does evil deeds, does not know God. Call him a mad-man, if he does not understand the Self. The strife of this world is evil; these struggles are consuming it. Without the Lord’s Name, life is worthless. Through doubt, the people are being destroyed (sggs 142).
- Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep's covering, but inside they ravenous wolves (Bible, Matt 7:15). They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works (Bible, Titus 1:16).
A spiritually ignorant person is cruel by nature; for materialistic living and cruelty go hand-in-hand. Since such person is essentially selfish and spiritually ignorant, his life is dominated by his strong bondage to material consciousness, far away from spiritual discipline (Aatam-Maarag). This is why a materialistic person, a materialistic society or a materialistic nation is always seen engaged in inventing something for the sense gratification. In their view, such materialistic advancement is considered to be the advancement of the human civilization, but the result is more and more violence and cruelty towards other beings; animals and human alike.
- ਮਿਥਿਆ ਮੋਹ ਬੰਧਹਿ ਨਿਤ ਪਾਰਚ ॥: Mithiaa moh bandhahi nit paarach: Man is constantly entangled in false attachments and conflicts (sggs 743).
- ਮਨਮੁਖੀਆ ਸਿਰਿ ਮਾਰ ਵਾਦਿ ਖਪਾਈਐ ॥: Manmukheeaa siri maar vaad khapaaeeai: The problem of the Manmukh's (a material being) head is this: he is consumed by conflict (sggs 420).
The reason people behave in such destructive manners is that they do not see One God in all beings. Under the spell of false ego or ignorance, they have no sense of Oneness. Consequently, such people always find themselves engaged in activities that brings the human society harm. Scriptures consider such people enemies of the goodness in the world, because they are always engaged in inventing or creating something that is conducive to only destruction.
- ਕੁਦਇਆ ਕਸਾਇਣਿ ॥: Kudaiaa kasaain: Cruelty is the butcheress (sggs 91) .
- ਮਨ ਅਪੁਨੇ ਤੇ ਬੁਰਾ ਮਿਟਾਨਾ ॥ ਪੇਖੈ ਸਗਲ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਸਾਜਨਾ ॥: Mana apune te buraa mitaanaa. Pekhai sagal sarisati saajanaa: One who eradicates cruelty from within his own mind, looks upon all the world as his Friend (sggs 266).
What went wrong? The scriptural texts of the world religions indicate that it was not God's purpose for people to suffer or be fearful. We suffer when we no longer do God's Will (Hukam, Eternal Law, Bhaanaa, Command or Divine-doing). It's that simple. We humans have the ability to choose. We also have the ability to discriminate between good and bad or true and false or right and wrong. Thus, we are not made like machines or robots. Also, we are not made like animals either, who are guided mainly by their instinct. Therefore, while we humans have this wonderful gift of free choice, we must accept the consequences of our choice of action.
- ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਣੈ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਰੋਵੈ ॥: Hukam na jaanai bahutaa rovai: One who does not know God's Will (Hukam or Eternal Law) cries out in terrible pain and suffering (sggs 85).
- World is passing away and so is its desire, but he that dose the Will of God remains forever (Bible, 1John 2:17).
Those wedded to love, peace, joy, harmony, righteousness and piety (Gurmukhs) never show their hatred even against bad and wicked forces, nor curse them. They feel that if they conduct themselves in a godly manner and do what is right, God's Grace from Within will guide them. To the contrary, material beings (Manmukhs) infected with divided consciousness (false ego) remain wedded to greed, selfishness, hatred and violence. In such corrupt mentality, people have the tendency to consider one's own adopted religion superior and thereby insist that others should join and follow it. This is the cause for most of the wars fought in the name of religion and God.
- ਓਸੁ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਕੂੜੋ ਕਰਿ ਬੁਝੈ ਅਣਹੋਦੇ ਝਗੜੇ ਦਯਿ ਓਸ ਦੈ ਗਲਿ ਪਾਇਆ ॥: Os andar koorr koorro kar bujhai anahode jhagarre dayi os dai gal paaiaa: Within him is falsehood, and he sees everyone else as false; he has tied these useless conflicts around his neck (sggs 303).
- ਬੀਰਾ ਆਪਨ ਬੁਰਾ ਮਿਟਾਵੈ ॥: Beeraa aapn buraa mitaavai: One who eradicates his own evil is a brave warrior (sggs 258).
- ਜਿਨ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਸੇਈ ਤਰੇ ਸੇ ਸੂਰੇ ਸੇ ਬੀਰ ॥: Jin jaaniaa saeee tarae se soore se beer: Those who realize God, cross over; they are the true heroic warriors (sggs 929).
- ਨ ਭੀਜੈ ਭੇੜਿ ਮਰਹਿ ਭਿੜਿ ਸੂਰ ॥: Na bheejai bherr marahi bhirr soor: (God) is not won over by fighting and dying as a warrior in battle i.e., by becoming a martyr or Shaheed (sggs 1237).
- ਸਰਬ ਭੂਤ ਏਕੈ ਕਰਿ ਜਾਨਿਆ ਚੂਕੇ ਬਾਦ ਬਿਬਾਦਾ ॥: Sarab bhoot ekai kar jaaniaa chooke baad bibaadaa: I look upon all beings alike, and my conflict and strife are ended (sggs 483).
- ਜੋ ਇਸੁ ਮਾਰੇ ਸੋਈ ਸੂਰਾ ॥: Jo is maare soee sooraa: One who kills this (duality...) is a Spiritual Hero (sggs 238).
God is said to be the fountainhead of selfless Love, mercy and compassion. The Men of Light and the scriptures urge us to awaken these Divine attributes Within if we intend to realize God's Presence, "here" and "now". Eradication of greed and selfishness from Within is must for one to experience these Divine Virtues; for greed and selfishness give rise to hatred, wars, conflicts, violence and disharmony.
- ਆਪੁ ਗਇਆ ਤਾ ਆਪਹਿ ਭਏ ॥: Aap gaiaa taa aapahi bhae: When ego (ਆਪਾ-ਭਾਵ) is gone, (one) becomes the Lord (ਉਹ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ ਹੀ ਹੋ ਗਇਆ) Himself (sggs 202).
- ਬੈਰ ਬਿਰੋਧ ਛੇਦੇ ਭੈ ਭਰਮਾਂ॥ਪ੍ਰਭਿ ਪੁੰਨਿ ਆਤਮੈ ਕੀਨੇ ਧਰਮਾ ॥: Bair birodh shede bhai bharamaan. Prabh pu(n)ni aatamai keene dharamaa: Hatred, conflict, fear and doubt have been eliminated. God, the Pure Soul, has manifested His Righteousness (sggs 1348).
- Try to dissolve out of selfishness into a voice beyond those limits (Sufi Jallaludin Rumi).
- Be as free people, and yet holding your freedom, not as a blind for badness, but as slaves of God (Bible, 1 Peter 2:16). To do your Will, O my God, I have delighted, and your Law is within my inward parts (Bible, Psalms 40:8).
- In whatever form He wills, does He put thee together (Quraan lxxxii:8).
— T. Singh