This post is a part of our posts entitled ‘True Guru in Sikhi‘ and, ‘Gur Charan Kamal, Gur Charan Dhoorh and Gur Moorat‘.
However, what we see out there in Sikh community today is NOT the Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS.
The Pujaaree in general is either illiterate, or ignorant, or crafty and corrupt due selfishness/greed and vested interests, or fugitive from life (ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਤੋਂ ਭਗੌੜਾ), or brush with the law, or without any meaningful education to earn an honest living and contribute to the society’s development and upliftment etc.
The Pujaaree groups in Sikhi are no exception.
The truth is that the Gurus did not create Pujaaree-Vaad (priesthood, clergy). That is why Pujaaree-Vaad has no place in Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or SGGS. Because in Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or SGGS we are all brothers (Bhai Bhai-ਭਾਈ ਭਾਈ) or equal — NO Jathedaar, NO sant, NO high or low etc.
The Pujaaree-Vaad or Pujaaree groups we see in Sikhi roaming in the world is self-appointed. That likely started during the time of Maharaj Ranjit Singh and British Rule.
In general, Pujaaree-systems are the product of politics, rulers, kings, emperors etc. for their own vested interests. This is the reason — concerned with their own vested interests — they all work in concert, scratch each others back…!
In short, there is NO concept of Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak!
To the contrary, the SGGS teaches abandonment and elimination of the Pujaaee system! Here is the addict (ਫੈਸਲਾ) of the SGGS:
- ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਜੋ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਛਾਡਿ ਚਲੇ ਹਮ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਲੀਆ ॥੩॥: Whatever the Pandit and the Mullan have written (the path of Karamkaand, Shariyat…), I have abandoned (all of that); I have not taken any of it ||3||. (sggs 1159).
- ਹਮਰਾ ਝਗਰਾ ਰਹਾ ਨ ਕੋਊ ॥ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਛਾਡੇ ਦੋਊ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: (Now) I have no quarrel with anyone anymore; because I have abandoned both the Pandit and the Mullaan (ਦੋਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੱਸੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਵਾਸਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ – the path of Karamkaand, Shariyat…). |1|| Pause || (sggs 1158).
Thus, the Pujaaree’s Sikhi has nothing to do with the ‘Soch‘ (thinking, Wisdom, ਵਿਚਾਰਧਾਰਾ…) of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS!
The Pujaaree’s Sikhi is a Sikhi of other granths which are full of all that which has been rejected by the SGGS — fake and laughable Karaamaatee stories (Sakhi-ਸਾਖੀ), falsehood (ਝੂਠ), embellished history with imaginary facts along the lines of Brahminical literature, mythology, Karamkaand, etc.
Read them yourself to find out they are exact opposite of the Message (Upadesh) of the SGGS!
The content of these granths (other than SGGS) clearly suggests they are written by Brahmins in Sikh masks to destroy Baabaa Nanak’s revolutionary ‘Soch‘ (thinking).
It’s absolutely clear from the contents of these anti-Gurmat granths that they are written by the opponents of the Sikh Gurus. The purpose of these granths is to dilute the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, thus downplay its importance.
None can deny the fact that the fanatic Pujaare did NOT like Baabaa Nanak, because Baabaa Nanak refused to wear ‘Janaeoo’ (ਜਨੇਊ )…
From that point on, our ten Nanaks struggled against the Pujaaree.
The current Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi seen in Gurdwaras worldwide seems to be the followers of the opponents of our ten Nanaks, including Sri Chand (the son of Baabaa Nanak), Daasu and Daatu (the sons of Guru Angad Dev), Mohan and Mohree (the sons of Guru Amar Das), Prithi Chand (the eldest son of Guru Ram Das), Ram Rai (the eldest son of Guru Har Rai), Dhir Mall (the elder son of Baba Gurditta and a grandson of Guru Hargobind), etc.
- ਪੁਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਉਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਲਿਓ ਕਰਿ ਪੀਰਹੁ ਕੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮੁਰਟੀਐ ॥ ਦਿਲਿ ਖੋਟੈ ਆਕੀ ਫਿਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਭਾਰੁ ਉਚਾਇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਛਟੀਐ ॥: Sons (of Baabaa Nanak: Sri Chand and Lakhmi Das) did not obey (Baabaa Nanak’s) Word; they turned their backs on Him as Guru. The evil-hearted ones become rebellious; they carry loads (of vices, Bikaar, defects…) on their backs. (sggs 967).
- ਉਲਟੀ ਗੰਗ ਵਹਾਈਓਨ ਗੁਰ ਅੰਗਦ ਸਿਰ ਉਪਰ ਧਾਰਾ ॥ ਪੁਤੀਂ ਕੌਲ ਨ ਪਾਲਿਆ ਮਨ ਖੋਟੇ ਆਕੀ ਨਸਿਆਰਾ ॥: (Baabaa Nanak) performed an extraordinary practice in installing Angad as his successor Guru. His sons (i.e., sons of Baabaa Nanak: Sri Chand and Lakhmi Das) defied his spirituality on account of their malice, and rose to rebellion and desertion. (Bhai Gurdas Ji, Vaar 1, Pauree 38.).
- ਮੋਹਣੁ ਕਮਲਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਚਉਬਾਰਾ ਮੋਹਰੀ ਮਨਾਇਆ ॥ ਮੀਣਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਪਿਰਥੀਆ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਤੋਂਡਕ ਬਰਲੁ ਚਲਾਇਆ ॥: Mohan (son of Guru Amardas) got insane (ਝੱਲਾ, ਬੇ-ਅਕਲ…) and Mohree (the second son) lived in a lofty house and started getting served by the people. Prithy Chand (son of Guru Ramdas) came out as dissembling scoundrel and using his oblique nature spread his mental sickness all round. (Bhai Gurdas Ji, Vaar 26, Paurhee 33).
Nobody can deny the fact that due to the Pujaaree-Vaad being hostile to the Sikh Gurus, the 6th Guru Hargobind Sahib left in his youth the ‘AkalBunga – ਅਕਾਲਬੁੰਗਾ” he constructed at Darbar Sahib and settled at Kiratpur Sahib and never came back.
After that, NEITHER the 7th Guru Sahib, NOR the 8th Guru Sahib, NOR the 9th Guru Sahib, NOR the 10th Guru Sahib entered Darbar Sahib! Please note that once when the 9th Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib tried to enter Darbar Sahib, the hostile Pujaaree did not allow him to enter!
Since Pujaaree is known to be antagonistic or opponent of the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, the Pujaaree has essentially reduced Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak to: (1) religious dress (robes); (2) religious symbols; and (3) Meaningless Karamkaand (rituals, formalities), (4) Pakhand), (5) fear, (6) greed, (7) mental blindness (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼), (8) pilgrimage (bathing at Teerath...), (9) madness of Jaat Paat, (10) discord or disunion etc.
All this useless Karamkaand has been totally rejected by Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, because this nonsense can NOT make one a Dhaarmic person or a Guruward (ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਲਾ i.e. Gurmukh).
- ਫਾਹੀ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਮਲੂਕੀ ਵੇਸੁ ॥ ਹਉ ਠਗਵਾੜਾ ਠਗੀ ਦੇਸੁ ॥ ਖਰਾ ਸਿਆਣਾ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਭਾਰੁ ॥ ਧਾਣਕ ਰੂਪਿ ਰਹਾ ਕਰਤਾਰ ॥੩॥ : The people sitting in the shrines are dressed as angles/ascetics (i.e. dressed in religious robes, symbols etc.). But their deceitful mind’s focus is on defrauding or trapping people. These big thugs are looting the people. They pretend to be wise. But they carry too much load of sins on their heads. Such righteous looking people are very cruel. ||3|| (sggs 24).
Hence, with an example of a Brahmin Pujaaree, Baabaa Nanak teaches those who think they have become approved or better by carrying on all this nonsense without any positive change or Virtues (ਗੁਣ) in life:
- ਹਿੰਦੂ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਆਵੈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਜਨੇਊ ਪੜਿ ਗਲਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਪਾਇ ਕਰੇ ਬੁਰਿਆਈ ॥ ਨਾਤਾ ਧੋਤਾ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥: The Hindu (Pujaaree) comes to the house of an (another) Hindu. Reading the scriptures, (Pujaaree) puts the sacred thread around his neck. (Later, after putting on thread, he) does evil deeds. His cleansings and washings (i.e., his all Karamkaand and religious paraphernalia) will not be approved. (sggs 951).
Since the Sikhi of the Pujaaree has nothing to do with the Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, efforts of the Pujaaree-Vaad are aimed at reducing the respect of the Wisdom of the SGGS. This is the reason texts like ‘Suraj Parkash’, ‘Gur Bilas Pa. 6’, ‘Dasam Granth‘ etc. have been imposed on the heads of an innocent humanity by the Pujaaree that have own vested interests.
Apparently, the Pujaaree acts as the self-appointed Guru or the ruler of Sikhs!
As soon as they feel their corrupt and freeloading lifestyle of luxury (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ) threatened from a wise Sikh, they will issue ‘Fatva‘ against that individual and exclude (ਛੇਕ ਦੇਣਾਂ) him/her from what they call their ‘Panth‘.
What a joke! Apparently, they think they are living in a stone-age, not in the 21st century!
For them, the SGGS or the name of all Gurus and Bhagat Sahibaan is a way (ਜਰੀਆ) of making money (ਧੰਧਾ, business…), filling Golak, maintaining their lavish and freeloading lifestyle (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ). They enslave people’s minds and promote: counterfeit god separate from man, evil deeds (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾ), hooliganism (ਗੁੰਡਾ ਗਰਦੀ), all which have been rejected in the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS etc.
Clearly, their efforts seem to be aimed at ending Baba Nanak’s ‘Soch‘.
The worse Pandemic of this century (Covid-19) has exposed the Pujaaree’s fraud and false claims (ਝੂਠੇ ਦਾਅਵੇ)!
Obviously, they have forgotten or ignored the challenge (ਲਲਕਾਰ) of Baabaa Kabeer to the then Pujaaree-Vaad that had self-installed as the ‘Guru of the world’!
- ਕਬੀਰ ਬਾਮਨੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਜਗਤ ਕਾ ਭਗਤਨ ਕਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਅਰਝਿ ਉਰਝਿ ਕੈ ਪਚਿ ਮੂਆ ਚਾਰਉ ਬੇਦਹੁ ਮਾਹਿ ॥੨੩੭॥: O Kabeer! (Based on the meaningless path of rituals, etc.) the Brahmin (i.e., the Pujaaree) may be the guru of the world, but he is not the Guru of Bhagat. (Because, the Brahmin – Pujaaree) entangled and embroiled in (Karamkaand) of the four Vedas has rotten to death (death of Wisdom). (sggs 1377).
This is also the challenge of the SGGS to the Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi today as well!
The Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi today also want all Sikhs to worship them, follow their preaching (even if it does not conform with the Gurmat), obey any stupid decrees (ਫਤਵਾ) passed by them etc.
Pujaaree’s posturing, imagined self-importance, the delusion of having some privileged position in the universe, are challenged throughout the SGGS.
How fervent is their hatred and how eager they are to hurt or even kill those who questions their evil deeds (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾ), lies, deception, Karamkaand (rituals), Pakhand, made-up stories, fraud, fake history and granths etc.
However the Pujaaree is skillful in making people fearful and greedy, and keep them as such for return business!
Fear of any kind is considered the most effective method to control and exploit a people. Interesting thing is that the Pujaaree-Vaad creating fear is the very same people who stand to benefit from providing people solutions to their fears!
Pujaare-Vaad is a dangerous swamp from which Baabaa Nanak Pulled us out. However, the Pujaaree-Vaad has thrown Baabaa Nanak’s Sikhi back into even much deeper swamp.
Based on their anti-Gurmat conduct (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾਂ), the Sikh Pujaaree today is no different then the Qazi, Mulla, Brahmin, Yogi etc., whom the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS has logically rejected.
The Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has turned the SGGS into an idol of worshipping similar to Brahmins worshipping their stone idols.
The truth is that the SGGS was given to us for learning Wisdom (Giaan, Knowledge, Bibek), NOT to wrap it in designer’s clothing and worship it as a stone idol, OR read it meaninglessly as in Akhand-Paath for the sole purpose of making money as done by the Pujaaree-Vaad in all Deraas and Gurdwaras.
History teaches us that the Pujaaree is nobody’s friend or well wisher (ਪੁਜਾਰੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਸਕਾ ਨਹੀਂ). The Pujaaree is neither friend of his fake god nor any Granth he claims to represent. This Pujaaree only cares about maintaining his Golak (free money) and luxurious lifestyle of freeloading.
Brahminical Soch (thinking) of the Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has infiltrated (intruded) in our Surat (mind, consciousness). Thus they have occupied our brains. As a result, today, Brahminical Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has made us do exactly that which was rejected by Baabaa Nanak, Bhagats…
Hence, the Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has totally impeded the progress and development (ਵਿਕਾਸ) of the Sikh community at mental level and otherwise.
Fittingly, all 35 contributors of the SGGS rejected and abandoned the Pujaaree-Vaad, and ask us – all Sikhs – to do the same.
Because these 35 saw the folly, shallowness, and filthiness of worldly traditions such as giving/taking Siropa. In Deraas, the self-appointed head of these Deraas give and take their seat (Gaddi-ਗੱਦੀ), fight over it, kill each other over it, and so on.
- ਕੁਲਹਾਂ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਬਾਵਲੇ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਵਡੇ ਨਿਲਜ ॥ ਚੂਹਾ ਖਡ ਨ ਮਾਵਈ ਤਿਕਲਿ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਛਜ ॥ ਦੇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਦੁਆਈ ਸੇ ਮਰਹਿ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਦੇਨਿ ਸਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਪਈ ਕਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥: Those who give out ceremonial hats of recognition (for Gaddee-ਗੱਦੀ) are crazy (insane etc.); those who receive them have no shame. (Their condition is like) a mouse that cannot enter its hole (and on top of that) it has tied a winnowing basket around its waist!. (Establishing such phony seats-ਗੱਦੀ) those who give out blessings will die, and those that they bless will also depart (i.e., die). O Nanak! The Hukam (Rule-System-Law of Nature…) cannot be known, by which all must depart (In other words, giving out ceremonial hats of recognition or Gaddee-ਗੱਦੀ, giving out blessings, etc., will not help). (1286).
Since Baabaa Nanak exposes them as ‘lazy bums’ (‘ਮਖਟੂ’), ‘crazy’ (‘ਬਾਵਲੇ’) and ‘shameless’ (‘ਨਿਲਜ’), they are bent upon destroying Baabaa Nanak’s ‘Soch‘ (thinking…). Because Baabaa Nanak’s Truth hurts them.
- ਜਿਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਚੁ ਨ ਭਾਵਈ ॥: Truth does not suit those who are permeated by falsehood (sggs 646).
Also in Deraas, they commit adultery and physically abuse and exploit women in the name of giving ‘boys’ to them (ਅੋਰਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੁੰਡੇ ਦੇਣ ਦਾ ਪਖੰਡ). Just do the DNA test of children so born and see who the DNA matches with! These places appear to be bases of luxury (ਐਸ਼ ਪਰਸਤੀ).
It’s similar to the practice of Brahmin Pujaaree-Vaad, who for centuries kept young girls in temples as sex slaves — ‘Devadasi‘ – ਦੇਵਦਾਸੀ – system — bases of luxury (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ). This ‘Devadasi‘ system became the cause of adultery in temples. Not only temple priests exploited these Devadasis, but also other people who were special guests or associated with the temple also physically abused these Devadasis.
Although the SGGS is the source or means of the Gurmat Wisdom (ਗਿਆਨ), however the Pujaaree-Vaad has turned the SGGS into the means of earning (ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of business (ਧੰਧੇ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of dishonesty (ਬੇਈਮਾਨੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of manipulation (ਹੇਰਾਫੇਰੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), etc. In nutshell, they rob (ਲੁਟਣਾਂ) people and make them mad (ਕਮਲੇ).
Sikhi of the Pujaaree
- is based on manufactured history, made-up stories, illogical and laughable concepts, lies, other Granths that were written by opponents of the Sikh Gurus, insulting the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, insulting personality of the Sikh Gurus, insulting women, and insulting all Skhs,
- shuts close (lockup) ‘Dasam Duaar‘ (mind,ਦਿਮਾਗ) of people,
- creates Manmukh-Saakat-Mayadhaaree,
- promotes blind faith (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ), imitating others, foolishly bow heads here and there everywhere even including shoes (ਜੁੱਤੀਆਂ), taking Chully of dirty waters,
- creates Bikaari people: full of lust, anger, greed, delusional attachment, egoistic pride, selfishness, falsehood, jealousy, stubborn-mindedness, fear, etc.),
- spreads anti-Gurmat message for the sake of bread (ਰੋਟੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ),
- steers people away from the true message of the Gurbani,
- enslaves minds (Soch or thinking) of people making them ignorant, foolish and backward,
- shuts minds of people from the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS — creates foes of intellect (ਗਿਆਨ, ਬਿਬੇਕ, ਅਕਲ ਦੇ ਵੈਰੀ).
- discourages non-Pujaaree persons from reading the SGGS, for they don’t want people to understand and find out what’s written in the SGGS. Because they know if people find out what’s written in the SGGS then people will kick Pujaaree’s rear and the Pujaaree will lose lucrative business making lavish lifestyle of freeloading.
- impedes the development (ਵਿਕਾਸ, expansion, blooming…) of the intellect of the people,
- promotes the Pujaaree’s selfish agenda and a lifestyle of freeloading (ਨਿਖੱਟੂ, ਵੇਲੜ, ਮੰਗ ਖਾਣਾਂ ਲਾਣਾਂ, ਠੱਗ ਟੋਲਾ…), and filling belly without doing anything,
- makes people greedy and fearful,
- makes people coward and mentally slave,
- binds people in empty Karamkaand (rituals), blind faith (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸਵਾਸ਼), doubts, superstitions,
- ties up people in adherents and dogmas that have been rejected in the SGGS,
- chains people in lies and fear that Rabb is somewhere ‘up there’ – promotes separate Rabb from people,
- promotes fake concepts of hell and heaven ‘up there’, reincarnation, etc.,
- promotes goofy Karaamati (miracles) and made-up stories (Sakhi),
- promotes show off (ਅਡੰਬਰ) superficial or superfluous religiosity with religious paraphernalia and symbols for attracting and impressing people; fooling ignorant and unsuspecting people, etc.,
- fills the Pujaaree’s Golak (ਧੰਧਾਂ, ਦੁਕਾਨਦਾਰੀ-business in the name of the Guru and the Gurbani); swindling simpletons by enslaving their minds, etc.,
- promotes Deraa-Vaad, Baabaa-Dom, Sant-Dom, fanaticism, divisions in society, gun-totting goons (ਗੁੰਡਾ ਗਰਦੀ), etc,
- regresses the society – taking it back to the medieval times or even stone-age,
- promotes fake Rabb, separate from man,
- promotes Brahminical Karamkaand (rituals), Jaat Paat, factionalism, divisions and inequality of in the society, etc.,
- promotes fake Granth and books full of fake and meaningless stories (Sakhi-ਸਾਖੀ), falsehood (ਝੂਠ), disfigured history with embellishments, imaginary facts and Karaamati stories along the lines of Brahmin-Vaad and and Brahminical mythology, etc.
- promotes self-made ‘Rahat‘ (every Deraa has manufactured its own Rahat!), instead of the ‘Rahat‘ (or Way of Life) of the SGGS.
- takes the society back to mediaeval times or the stone-age.
The list goes on and on…
Sikhi of the SGGS
- makes us Wise, Bibeki, intelligent, etc. — ਵਿਚਾਰਵਾਨ, ਬੁਧੀਮਾਨ, ਅਕਲਮੰਦ, ਤਰਕਸ਼ੀਲ etc. — capable of discriminating between right and wrong.
- opens the ‘Dasam Duaar‘ (mind,ਦਿਮਾਗ) of its Sikhs (i.e., learners),
- creates Gurmukhs-Daas-Bhagat-Jan (followers of Truth, Virtues, Wisdom or Bibek…),
- awakens our minds to logical thinking,
- makes us virtuous and truthful,
- makes us responsible and dutiful,
- rejects Pujaaree system and liberates us from its slavery,
- makes us fearless and brave,
- liberates us from Karamkaand (rituals),
- liberates us from antagonistic adherents and dogmas,
- frees us from religious paraphernalia, symbols, marks, etc.,
- tells people Rabb is within you and everywhere in Kudrat,
- rejects Karaamaat (miracles), etc.,
- promotes oneness,
- rejects Jaat Paat, etc.,
- promotes development and welfare of people, brings about positive change in society, equality and justice for all,
- rejects the fake Brahminical concepts of hell and heaven, reincarnation, Yuga, embodied gurus, gods, goddesses, etc.
- rejects all Brahminical concepts like Teerath (shrines of pilgrimage), ritual bathing in Srovars there, counting beads (rosary or Maalaa), etc.
The Gurbani teaches telling truth is not slandering
Clearly, the Sikhi of the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS or Baabaa Nanak has nothing to do with the Sikhi of the illiterate and corrupt Pujaaree-Vaad.
Since falsehood can never propagate Truth, the crafty and unwise Pujaaree-Vaad or its Sikhi is a hurdle (ਰਸਤੇ ਦਾ ਰੋੜਾ) on the Way of Baabaa Nanak’s true Sikhi. This hurdle decisively needs to be gotten rid of for the propagation of Baabaa Nanak’s real Sikhi.
Being the social reformers, we should never forget the Sikh Gurus and Bhagat Sahibaan had to face the wrath of the wicked Pujaaree-Vaad!
Since the Gurbani speaks Truth (Sach), it’s Truth does NOT suit the fraud or wicked individuals for it upsets and irritates them!
- ਜੇ ਕੋ ਬੋਲੈ ਸਚੁ ਕੂੜਾ ਜਲਿ ਜਾਵਈ ॥: If someone speaks the Truth, the false (one) is burnt (irritated). (sggs 646).