This post is a part of our posts entitled “Who is the True Guru in Sikhi?” and, “Gur Charan Kamal, Gur Charan Dhoorh and Gur Moorat”.
However, what we see out there in Sikh community today is NOT the Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS.
Instead, it is a Sikhi of the illiterate and crafty Pujaaree system or the Pujaare groups — Ragi, Bhai, Granthi, Giaanee, Kathaakaar, Deraa-Vaad, Baabaa-Vaad, Sant-Vaad, Jathedaar-Vaad, Takhat-Vaad, foolish and dishonest so called scholars, etc.
The crafty Pujaaree’s Sikhi is a Sikhi of fake granths like “Suraj Parkash”, “Gur Bilas Pa. 6”, so called “Dasam Granth”, etc., which are full of all that which has been rejected by the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS — fake and laughable Karaamaatee stories (Sakhi-ਸਾਖੀ), falsehood (ਝੂਠ), embellished history with imaginary facts along the lines of Brahminical literature, mythology, Karamkaand, etc.
Read them yourself to find out they exact opposite of the Message (Upadesh) of the SGGS!
The content of these granths clearly suggests they are written by Brahmins in Sikh masks to destroy Baabaa Nanak’s revolutionary ‘Soch’ (thinking).
It’s absolutely clear from the contents of these anti-Gurmat granths that they are written by the opponents of the Sikh Gurus. The purpose of these granths is to eradicate the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, thus downplay its importance.
None can deny the fact that the fanatic Pujaare did NOT like Baabaa Nanak because Baabaa Nanak refused to wear “Janaeoo” (ਜਨੇਊ )…
From that point on, our ten Nanaks struggled against the priest system or priest class (Pujaaree-Vaad).
The current Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi, which control all man-made Takhats, Deraas and almost all Gurdwaras worldwide seems to be the followers of the opponents of our ten Nanaks, including Sri Chand (the son of Baabaa Nanak), Prithi Chand (the eldest son of Guru Ram Das), Ram Rai (the eldest son of Guru Har Rai), Dhir Mall (the elder son of Baba Gurditta and a grandson of Guru Hargobind), and so on.
- ਪੁਤ੍ਰੀ ਕਉਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਲਿਓ ਕਰਿ ਪੀਰਹੁ ਕੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮੁਰਟੀਐ ॥ ਦਿਲਿ ਖੋਟੈ ਆਕੀ ਫਿਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਭਾਰੁ ਉਚਾਇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਛਟੀਐ ॥: Sons (of Baabaa Nanak: Sri Chand and Lakhmi Das) did not obey (Baabaa Nanak’s) Word; they turned their backs on Him as Guru. The evil-hearted ones become rebellious; they carry loads (of vices, Bikaar, defects…) on their backs. (sggs 967).
- ਉਲਟੀ ਗੰਗ ਵਹਾਈਓਨ ਗੁਰ ਅੰਗਦ ਸਿਰ ਉਪਰ ਧਾਰਾ ॥ ਪੁਤੀਂ ਕੌਲ ਨ ਪਾਲਿਆ ਮਨ ਖੋਟੇ ਆਕੀ ਨਸਿਆਰਾ ॥: (Baabaa Nanak) performed an extraordinary practice in installing Angad as his successor Guru. His sons (i.e., sons of Baabaa Nanak: Sri Chand and Lakhmi Das) defied his spirituality on account of their malice, and rose to rebellion and desertion. (Bhai Gurdas Ji, Vaar 1, Pauree 38.).
- ਮੋਹਣੁ ਕਮਲਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਚਉਬਾਰਾ ਮੋਹਰੀ ਮਨਾਇਆ ॥ ਮੀਣਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਪਿਰਥੀਆ ਕਰਿ ਕਰਿ ਤੋਂਡਕ ਬਰਲੁ ਚਲਾਇਆ ॥: Mohan (son of Guru Amardas) got insane (ਝੱਲਾ, ਬੇ-ਅਕਲ…) and Mohart (the second son) lived in a lofty house and started getting served by the people. Prithy Chand (son of Guru Ramdas) came out as dissembling scoundrel and using his oblique nature spread his mental sickness all round. (Bhai Gurdas Ji, Vaar 26, Paurhee 33).
Nobody can deny the fact that due to the Pujaaree-Vaad being hostile to the Sikh Gurus, the 6th Guru Hargobind Sahib left in his youth the “AkalBunga – ਅਕਾਲਬੁੰਗਾ” he constructed at Darbar Sahib and settled at Kiratpur Sahib and never came back.
After that, NEITHER the 7th Guru Sahib, NOR the 8th Guru Sahib, NOR the 9th Guru Sahib, NOR the 10th Guru Sahib entered Darbar Sahib! Please note that once when the 9th Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib tried to enter Darbar Sahib, the hostile Pujaaree did not allow him to enter!!!!!
As a matter of truth, there is NO concept of Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak! Hence, the SGGS urges to abandon and eliminate Pujaaee system from the Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak.
- ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਜੋ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਛਾਡਿ ਚਲੇ ਹਮ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਲੀਆ ॥੩॥: Whatever the Pandit and the Mullan have written (the path of Karamkaand, Shariyat…), I have abandoned (all of that); I have not taken any of it ||3||. (sggs 1159).
Thus, the Pujaaree’s Sikhi has nothing to do with the “Soch” (thinking, Wisdom, ਵਿਚਾਰਧਾਰਾ…) of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS!
Since Pujaaree is the antagonistic or opponent of the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, the Pujaaree-Vaad has essentially reduced Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak to: (1) religious dress (robes); (2) religious symbols; and (3) Meaningless Karamkaand (rituals, Pakhand), (4) fear, (5) greed, (6) mental blindness (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ਼), (7) pilgrimage (bathing at Teerath...), (8) madness of Jaat Paat, discord or disunion, and so on.
All this type of useless Karamkaand has been totally rejected by Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, because this nonsense can NOT make one a Dhaarmic person or a Guruward (ਗੁਰੂ ਵਾਲਾ i.e. Gurmukh).
- ਫਾਹੀ ਸੁਰਤਿ ਮਲੂਕੀ ਵੇਸੁ ॥ ਹਉ ਠਗਵਾੜਾ ਠਗੀ ਦੇਸੁ ॥ ਖਰਾ ਸਿਆਣਾ ਬਹੁਤਾ ਭਾਰੁ ॥ ਧਾਣਕ ਰੂਪਿ ਰਹਾ ਕਰਤਾਰ ॥੩॥ : Although I appear as a holy (with religious robes, symbols…), but My focus is on defrauding or trapping people. I have become a den of deceit or Thuggy (ਠੱਗੀ ਦਾ ਅੱਡਾ), I am deceiving the country (i.e., the world). As I become more clever (in cheating), I carry more and more load of sins (on my head). O Creator! I am living as a dreadful huntsman (ਭਿਆਨਕ ਸ਼ਿਕਾਰੀ). ||3|| (sggs 24).
Hence, with an example of a Brahmin Pujaaree, Baabaa Nanak teaches those who think they have become approved or better by carrying on all this nonsense without any positive change or Virtues (ਗੁਣ) in life:
- ਹਿੰਦੂ ਕੈ ਘਰਿ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਆਵੈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਜਨੇਊ ਪੜਿ ਗਲਿ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਸੂਤੁ ਪਾਇ ਕਰੇ ਬੁਰਿਆਈ ॥ ਨਾਤਾ ਧੋਤਾ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥: The Hindu (Pujaaree) comes to the house of an (another) Hindu. Reading the scriptures, (Pujaaree) puts the sacred thread around his neck. (Later, after putting on thread, he) does evil deeds. His cleansings and washings (i.e., his all Karamkaand and religious paraphernalia) will not be approved. (sggs 951).
Evidently, Sikhi of the Pujaaree has nothing to do with the Sikhi of Baabaa Nanak or the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS!
As a result, all efforts of the Pujaaree-Vaad are aimed at reducing the respect of the Wisdom of the SGGS. This is the reason the hypocrite Pujaaree groups have turned the fake granths like ‘Suraj Parkash’, ‘Gur Bilas Pa. 6’, ‘Dasam Granth’, etc., on our heads.
Apparently, the illiterate and corrupt Pujaaree-Vaad acts as the self-appointed Guru or the ruler of Sikhs!
As soon as they feel their corrupt and freeloading lifestyle of luxry (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ) threatened from a wise Sikh, they will issue ‘Fatva’ against that individual and exclude (ਛੇਕ ਦੇਣਾਂ) him/her from what they call their ‘Panth’.
What a joke! Apparently, they think they are living in a stone-age, not in the 21st century!
For them, the SGGS or the name of all Gurus and Bhagat Sahibaan is a way (ਜਰੀਆ) of making money (ਧੰਧਾ, business…), filling Golak, maintaining their lavish and freeloading lifestyle (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ). They promote evil deeds (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾ), hooliganism (ਗੁੰਡਾ ਗਰਦੀ), promote all that have been rejected in the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, promote counterfeit god which separate from man, enslave people’s minds, etc.
Clearly, their efforts are aimed at ending Baba Nanak’s “Soch”, and so on.
The worse Pandemic of this century (Covid-19) has exposed the Pujaaree’s fraud and false claims (ਝੂਠੇ ਦਾਅਵੇ)!
Obviously, they have forgotten or ignored the challenge (ਲਲਕਾਰ) of Baabaa Kabeer to the then Pujaaree-Vaad that had self-installed as the “Guru of the world”!
- ਕਬੀਰ ਬਾਮਨੁ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਜਗਤ ਕਾ ਭਗਤਨ ਕਾ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਹਿ ॥ ਅਰਝਿ ਉਰਝਿ ਕੈ ਪਚਿ ਮੂਆ ਚਾਰਉ ਬੇਦਹੁ ਮਾਹਿ ॥੨੩੭॥: O Kabeer! (Based on the meaningless path of rituals, etc.) the Brahmin (i.e., the Pujaaree) may be the guru of the world, but he is not the Guru of Bhagat. (Because, the Brahmin – Pujaaree) entangled and embroiled in (Karamkaand) of the four Vedas has rotten to death (death of Wisdom). (sggs 1377).
This is also the challenge of the SGGS to the entire corrupt Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi today as well!
The Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi today also want all Sikhs to worship them, follow their anti-Gurmat preaching, and obey any stupid decrees (ਫਤਵਾ) passed by them.
Pujaaree’s posturing, imagined self-importance, the delusion of having some privileged position in the universe, are challenged throughout the SGGS.
How fervent is their hatred and how eager they are to hurt or even kill those who questions their evil deeds (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾ), lies, deception, Karamkaand (rituals), Pakhand, made-up stories, fraud, fake history and granthsetc.
In fact, the Pujaaree is a fugitive from life (ਜਿੰਦਗੀ ਤੋਂ ਭਗੌੜਾ), without any meaningful education to earn an honest living or contribute to the society’s development or upliftment.
However, one kill the Pujaaree do seem to possess is how to make people fearful and greedy, and keep them as such for return business!
Fear of any kind is considered the most effective method to control and exploit a people. Interesting thing is that the Pujaaree-Vaad creating fear is the very same people who stand to benefit from providing people solutions to their fears!!!!!
Pujaare-Vaad is a dangerous swamp, from which Baabaa Nanak Pulled us out. However, the Pujaaree-Vaad has thrown Baabaa Nanak’s Sikhi back into even much deeper swamp.
Based on their anti-Gurmat conduct (ਮੰਦ ਕਰਤੂਤਾਂ), the Sikh Pujaaree today is no different then the Qazi, Mulla, Brahmin, Yogi, etc., whom the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS has rejected.
The ignorant and crafty Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has turned the SGGS into an idol of worshipping similar to Brahmins worshipping their stone idols.
The truth is that the SGGS was given to us for learning Wisdom (Giaan, Knowledge, Bibek), NOT to wrap it in designer’s clothing and worship it as a stone idol, OR read it meaninglessly as in Akhand-Paath for the sole purpose of making money as done by the Pujaaree-Vaad in all Deraas and Gurdwaras.
History teaches us that this selfish and greedy Pujaaree is nobody’s friend or well wisher (ਪੁਜਾਰੀ ਕਿਸੇ ਦਾ ਸਕਾ ਨਹੀਂ). The Pujaaree is neither friend of his fake god nor any Granth he claims to represent. This Pujaaree only cares about maintaining his Golak (free money) and luxurious lifestyle of freeloading.
Brahminical Soch (thinking) of the Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has infiltrated (intruded) in our Surat (mind, consciousness). Thus they have occupied our brains. As a result, today, Brahminical Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has made us do exactly that which was rejected by Baabaa Nanak.
Hence, the Pujaaree-Vaad in Sikhi has totally impeded the progress and development (ਵਿਕਾਸ) of the Sikh community at mental level and otherwise.
Fittingly, all 35 contributors of the SGGS rejected and abandoned the Pujaaree-Vaad, and ask us – all Sikhs – to do the same.
Because these 35 saw the folly, shallowness, and filthiness of worldly traditions such as giving/taking Siropa. In Deraas, the self-appointed head of these Deraas give and take their seat (Gaddi-ਗੱਦੀ), fight over it, kill each other over it, and so on.
- ਕੁਲਹਾਂ ਦੇਂਦੇ ਬਾਵਲੇ ਲੈਂਦੇ ਵਡੇ ਨਿਲਜ ॥ ਚੂਹਾ ਖਡ ਨ ਮਾਵਈ ਤਿਕਲਿ ਬੰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਛਜ ॥ ਦੇਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਦੁਆਈ ਸੇ ਮਰਹਿ ਜਿਨ ਕਉ ਦੇਨਿ ਸਿ ਜਾਹਿ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਪਈ ਕਿਥੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥: Those who give out ceremonial hats of recognition (for Gaddee-ਗੱਦੀ) are crazy (insane etc.); those who receive them have no shame. (Their condition is like) a mouse that cannot enter its hole (and on top of that) it has tied a winnowing basket around its waist!. (Establishing such phony seats-ਗੱਦੀ) those who give out blessings will die, and those that they bless will also depart (i.e., die). O Nanak! The Hukam (Rule-System-Law of Nature…) cannot be known, by which all must depart (In other words, giving out ceremonial hats of recognition or Gaddee-ਗੱਦੀ, giving out blessings, etc., will not help). (1286).
Since Baabaa Nanak exposes them as ‘lazy bums’ (‘ਮਖਟੂ’), ‘crazy’ (‘ਬਾਵਲੇ’) and ‘shameless’ (‘ਨਿਲਜ’), they are bent upon destroying Baabaa Nanak’s ‘Soch’ (thinking…). Because Baabaa Nanak’s Truth hurts them.
- ਜਿਨਾ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਕੂੜੁ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਚੁ ਨ ਭਾਵਈ ॥: Truth does not suit those who are permeated by falsehood (sggs 646).
Also in Deraas, they commit adultery and physically abuse and exploit women in the name of giving ‘boys’ to them (ਅੋਰਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਮੁੰਡੇ ਦੇਣ ਦਾ ਪਖੰਡ). Just do the DNA test of children so born and see who the DNA matches with! These places appear to be bases of luxury (ਐਸ਼ ਪਰਸਤੀ).
It’s similar to the practice of Brahmin Pujaaree-Vaad, who for centuries kept young girls in temples as sex slaves (‘Devadasi’ – ਦੇਵਦਾਸੀ – system), bases of luxury (ਐਸ਼-ਪਰਸਤੀ). This ‘Devadasi’ system became the cause of adultery in temples. Not only temple priests exploited these Devadasis, but also other people who were special guests or associated with the temple also physically abused these Devadasis.
Although the SGGS is the source or means of the Gurmat Wisdom (ਗਿਆਨ), however the Pujaaree-Vaad has turned the SGGS into the means of earning (ਕਮਾਈ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of business (ਧੰਧੇ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of dishonesty (ਬੇਈਮਾਨੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), the means of manipulation (ਹੇਰਾਫੇਰੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ), etc. In nutshell, they rob (ਲੁਟਣਾਂ) people and make them mad (ਕਮਲੇ).
Sikhi of the Pujaaree
- is based on manufactured history, made-up stories, illogical and laughable concepts, lies, fake Granths that were written by opponents of the Sikh Gurus, insulting the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS, insulting personality of the Sikh Gurus, insulting women, and insulting all Skhs,
- shuts close (lockup) ‘Dasam Duaar’ (mind,ਦਿਮਾਗ) of people,
- creates Manmukh-Saakat-Mayadhaaree,
- promotes blind faith (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸ਼ਵਾਸ), imitating others, foolishly bow heads here and there everywhere even including shoes (ਜੁੱਤੀਆਂ), taking Chully of dirty waters,
- creates Bikaari people: full of lust, anger, greed, delusional attachment, egoistic pride, selfishness, falsehood, jealousy, stubborn-mindedness, fear, etc.),
- spreads anti-Gurmat message for the sake of bread (ਰੋਟੀ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ),
- steers people away from the true message of the Gurbani,
- enslaves minds (Soch or thinking) of people making them ignorant, foolish and backward,
- shuts minds of people from the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS — creates foes of intellect (ਗਿਆਨ, ਬਿਬੇਕ, ਅਕਲ ਦੇ ਵੈਰੀ).
- discourages non-Pujaaree persons from reading the SGGS, for they don’t want people to understand and find out what’s written in the SGGS. Because they know if people find out what’s written in the SGGS then people will kick Pujaaree’s rear and the Pujaaree will lose lucrative business making lavish lifestyle of freeloading.
- impedes the development (ਵਿਕਾਸ, expansion, blooming…) of the intellect of the people,
- promotes the Pujaaree’s selfish agenda and a lifestyle of freeloading (ਨਿਖੱਟੂ, ਵੇਲੜ, ਮੰਗ ਖਾਣਾਂ ਲਾਣਾਂ, ਠੱਗ ਟੋਲਾ…), and filling belly without doing anything,
- makes people greedy and fearful,
- makes people coward and mentally slave,
- binds people in empty Karamkaand (rituals), blind faith (ਅੰਧ-ਵਿਸਵਾਸ਼), doubts, superstitions,
- ties up people in adherents and dogmas that have been rejected in the SGGS,
- chains people in lies and fear that Rabb is somewhere ‘up there’ – promotes separate Rabb from people,
- promotes fake concepts of hell and heaven ‘up there’, reincarnation, etc.,
- promotes goofy Karaamati (miracles) and made-up stories (Sakhi),
- promotes show off (ਅਡੰਬਰ) superficial or superfluous religiosity with religious paraphernalia and symbols for attracting and impressing people; fooling ignorant and unsuspecting people, etc.,
- fills the Pujaaree’s Golak (ਧੰਧਾਂ, ਦੁਕਾਨਦਾਰੀ-business in the name of the Guru and the Gurbani); swindling simpletons by enslaving their minds, etc.,
- promotes Deraa-Vaad, Baabaa-Dom, Sant-Dom, fanaticism, divisions in society, gun-totting goons (ਗੁੰਡਾ ਗਰਦੀ), etc,
- regresses the society – taking it back to the medieval times or even stone-age,
- promotes fake Rabb or god instead of the Gurmat’s Rabb,
- promotes Brahminical Karamkaand (rituals), Jaat Paat, factionalism, divisions and inequality of in the society, etc.,
- promotes fake Granth and books like ‘Suraj Prakash’, ‘Dasam Granth’, etc., that are full of fake and meaningless stories (Sakhi-ਸਾਖੀ), falsehood (ਝੂਠ), disfigured history with embellishments, imaginary facts and Karaamati stories along the lines of Brahmin-Vaad and and Brahminical mythology, etc.
- promotes false ‘Rahat’ (every Deraa has manufactured its own Rahat!), instead of the ‘Rahat’ (or Way of Life) of the SGGS.
- takes the society back to mediaeval times or the stone-age.
The list goes on and on…
Sikhi of the SGGS
- makes us Wise, Bibeki, intelligent, etc. — ਵਿਚਾਰਵਾਨ, ਬੁਧੀਮਾਨ, ਅਕਲਮੰਦ, ਤਰਕਸ਼ੀਲ, etc. — capable of discriminating between right and wrong.
- opens the ‘Dasam Duaar’ (mind,ਦਿਮਾਗ) of its Sikhs (i.e., learners),
- creates Gurmukhs-Daas-Bhagat-Jan (followers of Truth, Virtues, Wisdom or Bibek…),
- awakens our minds to logical thinking,
- makes us virtuous and truthful,
- makes us responsible and dutiful,
- rejects Pujaaree system and liberates us from its slavery,
- makes us fearless and brave,
- liberates us from Karamkaand (rituals),
- liberates us from antagonistic adherents and dogmas,
- frees us from external religious paraphernalia, symbols, marks, robes, etc.,
- tells people Rabb is within you and everywhere in Kudrat, hear and now,
- rejects Karaamaat (miracles), etc.,
- promotes oneness,
- rejects Jaat Paat, etc.,
- promotes development and welfare of the, brings about positive change in society, equality and justice for all,
- rejects the fake Brahminical concepts of hell and heaven, reincarnation, Yuga, embodied gurus, gods, goddesses, etc.
- rejects all Brahminical concepts like Teerath (shrines of pilgrimage) , bathing in Srovars there, counting beads (rosary or Maalaa), etc.
Clearly, the Sikhi of the Gurmat Wisdom of the SGGS or Baabaa Nanak has nothing to do with the Sikhi of the illiterate and corrupt Pujaaree-Vaad.
Since falsehood can never propagate Truth, the crafty and unwise Pujaaree-Vaad or its Sikhi is a hurdle (ਰਸਤੇ ਦਾ ਰੋੜਾ) on the Way of Baabaa Nanak’s true Sikhi. This hurdle decisively needs to be gotten rid of for the propagation of Baabaa Nanak’s real Sikhi.