Worldly people have come to seek what we usually call God or Rabb in the most absurd of places.
For example, people look for God exclusively in pictures (Moorat), paintings, crucifixes, shrines, stones, temples, idols, books, rivers, ponds (Sarovar), foreign lands, and so on. But WITHOUT SUCCESS! Some even look in animals and other specific beings (e.g. fraud Baabaa etc.). But WITHOUT SUCCESS!
Man-made or institutionalized religions and their followers have all sorts of concocted concepts regarding the form of God (call him* whatever you like – Rabb, Creator, Allah, Raam, Kaadar, Gobind, Hari, Hukam (System-Rule-Law-Order of Nature) etc. Many of these concepts are not only weird, but also laughable (ਹਾਸੇਹੀਣ).
* A note on gender: As we will see in the pages that lie ahead, finding a pronoun for god isn’t easy. For the ease of writing and reading, this site uses ‘he’. As god or Rabb is infinite invisible domain, calling god or Rabb He or She is just a human convention. But surely god transcends all gender. Even if I had rotated three different pronouns — he, she, and it — but that would not have gotten any nearer to the truth, and it would have made for very clumsy reading.
The Gurus and Bhagat have used terms that were already within the use and within the psyche of people of the time. However, they have used these terms as examples (ਹਵਾਲਾ), but explicitly with new meanings and understanding to fit the new and unique spiritual paradigms of Sikhi or Gurmat (Wisdom, Giaan, Upadesh, Sikhiaa, or Way of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib, SGGS); NOT to regurgitate the stale that already existed before them!
For the sake of Golak (money, bread, business, ਰੋਟੀਆਂ ਦਾ ਜਰੀਆ, ਧੰਦਾ …), such weird and laughable concepts and stories (ਗੱਪ ਕਹਾਣੀਆਂ) have been manufactured by the self-serving Pujaaree groups and the Pujaaree systems of all institutionalized or organized religions.
Why? The purpose of the Pujaaree systems is clear — to keep the human mind shut up, confined or enslaved as a chick in an eggshell of doubt, keep people confused and engaged in Karamkaand, ignorance, religious paraphernalia, vices or Bikaar (i.e. lust, anger, greed, attachment, pride), dogmas, religious robes, and so on.
The Wisdom of the Gurbani (SGGS) rejects all this nonsense and fraud.
The words of the Gurbani are abrupt, concise, direct, immensely profound but simple, terse yet potent — cutting to the core and wasting no effort on nonessentials of Enlightened or Spiritual Life (Gurmukh Mindset).
There is nothing in the Universe which Baabaa Nanak did not call God.
The most all-encompassing Sikh or Gurbani term for God is ‘Kartaa Purakh’, the Creator of the universe, both visible and invisible.
- ਨਿਰਗੁਣੁ ਸਰਗੁਣੁ ਆਪੇ ਸੋਈ ॥: (Rabb) Himself is Nirgun and Sargun. (sggs 128).
- ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਤੇ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਾਰੰ ॥: From Nirgun appears Sargun. (sggs 250).
- ਅਵਿਗਤੋ ਨਿਰਮਾਇਲੁ ਉਪਜੇ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਸਰਗੁਣੁ ਥੀਆ ॥: From Avigat (imperishable, eternal, indescribable…) — the untainted Nirgun from — became the Sargun. (sggs 940).
- ਨਿਰਗੁਨੁ ਆਪਿ ਸਰਗੁਨੁ ਭੀ ਓਹੀ ॥ ਕਲਾ ਧਾਰਿ ਜਿਨਿ ਸਗਲੀ ਮੋਹੀ ॥: He Himself is Nirgun and Sargun. This Universal Energy has fascinated the entire universe. (sggs 287).
- ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਦੂਜਾ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋਇ ॥: There is no other than Hari (Mool, Source, Jot…). (sggs 287).
Nirgun ( ਨਿਰਗੁਨ or ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ) = Attributeless, Absolute, Transcendent, all that’s unseen, all that’s invisible to our physical eyes, virtual domain etc.
Sargun ( ਸਰਗੁਨ or ਸਰਗੁਣ ) = with attributes or qualities, all that’s seen, visible to our physical eyes, material domain etc.
- ਸਰਗੁਨ ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਸੁੰਨ ਸਮਾਧੀ ਆਪਿ ॥: Nirankaar (Formless Universal Energy) Himself is Sargun, Nirankaar (Formless Universal Energy) Himself is Nirgun, and Himself abides in Sunn Samaadhi (beyond the influence of the three qualities of Maya, ਅਫੁਰ ਅਵਸਥਾ …). (sggs 290).
Hence, there are two names — Sargun and Nirgun — given to the same One (ੴ – IkO or EkO), Universal Energy.
- ਸਰਗੁਣ ਨਿਰਗੁਣ ਥਾਪੈ ਨਾਉ ॥: Sargun and Nirgun are two given names. (sggs 387).
- ਨਿਰਗੁਨ ਕਰਤਾ ਸਰਗੁਨ ਕਰਤਾ ॥: The Creator (Universal Energy) is Nirgun and Sargun. (sggs 862).
Thus, the aggregated System of the Universal Energy = Sargun (seen) + Nirgun (unseen or formless).
- ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਵਸਿਆ ॥ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਤੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ਲਖਿਆ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: (O Creator I), pay obeisance to You who resides within ‘Kudrat’ (Nature…). Your limits cannot be comprehended. ||1||Pause|| (sggs 469).
- ਹਿੰਦੂ ਰਾਮ ਨਾਮੁ ਉਚਰੈ ॥ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ਕਾ ਏਕੁ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥ ਕਬੀਰ ਕਾ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਰਹਿਆ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੪॥੩॥੧੧॥: The Hindu utters the Name of Raam (i.e., Hindu thinks his God is only in the idol of Raam). (Similarly) the Muslim considers only the Khudaa (as their God, somewhere up there in 7th sky). (However) Kabeer’s Divine is that which is pervading all over (ਫੈਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ, ਤੇ ਸਭ ਦਾ ਸਾਂਝਾ – the same one in all beings and everywhere) ||4||3||11|| (sggs 1160).
- ਦਖਨ ਦੇਸਿ ਹਰੀ ਕਾ ਬਾਸਾ ਪਛਿਮਿ ਅਲਹ ਮੁਕਾਮਾ ॥ ਦਿਲ ਮਹਿ ਖੋਜਿ ਦਿਲੈ ਦਿਲਿ ਖੋਜਹੁ ਏਹੀ ਠਉਰ ਮੁਕਾਮਾ ॥੨॥: (Hindus say their) ‘Hari’ (or Rabb) is in the south direction (i.e., in Jagannath Puri), and (Muslims say their) Allah is in the west (i.e., in Kaba). (But O man!) Search (Rabb or Allah) in your Heart, only search in your Heart; this (Heart) is the home and the place where (Rabb or Allah) lives ||2||. (sggs 1349).
Sargun aspect includes all that which we can see with our physical eyes – jungles, mountains, ocean, rivers, land, humans, animals, etc.
- ਆਪੇ ਖਾਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਬਾਣੀ ਆਪੇ ਖੰਡ ਵਰਭੰਡ ਕਰੇ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਸਮੁੰਦੁ ਆਪਿ ਹੈ ਸਾਗਰੁ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਤਨ ਧਰੇ ॥: Aapae khaanee… (552).
- ਆਪੇ ਧਰਤੀ ਆਪਿ ਜਲੁ ਪਿਆਰਾ ਆਪੇ ਕਰੇ ਕਰਾਇਆ ॥: Aapae Dhartee… (605).
- ਆਪੇ ਮਾਛੀ ਮਛੁਲੀ ਆਪੇ ਪਾਣੀ ਜਾਲੁ ॥: Aapae maachhee… (23).
- ਆਪੇ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਆਪਿ ਵਜੀਰ ॥: Aapi sahib aapi vazir (sggs 159).
- ਆਪੇ ਰਾਜਨੁ ਆਪੇ ਲੋਗਾ ॥: Aapae raajan… (97).
Nirgun aspect is that which we cannot see with our physical eyes. This includes all the invisible Formless forces of the Nature. The Fundamental Forces are gravitational force, elctro-magnetic force, and nuclear forces. Included in it are the laws of motion, heat, air, etc. Hence, the Gurbani has also repeatedly used the term ‘Nirankaar’ (ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ), which essentially means “Formless”. In fact, all the basic Fundamental Forces described above are Formless — without form-shape-color (without ‘Roopu-ਰੂਪੁ’, ‘Raekh-ਰੇਖ’, and ‘Rangu-ਰੰਗੁ’), which are invisible to our physical eyes.
- ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ ॥: The Creator has no form, no shape, no color and is free from the three qualities of Maya (i.e. Rajo, Tamo, Sato). (sggs 283).
- ਅਨਿਕ ਭਾਂਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਪਸਰਿਆ ਨਾਨਕ ਏਕੰਕਾਰੁ ॥: O Nanak! The One ‘Ekankaar(u)’ (Universal Energy…) has expanded or spread in many ways. (sggs 296).
In other words, the Universal Energy that functions in the Brahmand also functions within the body.
- ਕਾਯਉ ਦੇਵਾ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਦੇਵਲ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਜੰਗਮ ਜਾਤੀ ॥ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਧੂਪ ਦੀਪ ਨਈਬੇਦਾ ਕਾਇਅਉ ਪੂਜਉ ਪਾਤੀ ॥੧॥ ਕਾਇਆ ਬਹੁ ਖੰਡ ਖੋਜਤੇ ਨਵ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈ ॥ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਆਇਬੋ ਨਾ ਕਛੁ ਜਾਇਬੋ ਰਾਮ ਕੀ ਦੁਹਾਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਜੋ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡੇ ਸੋਈ ਪਿੰਡੇ ਜੋ ਖੋਜੈ ਸੋ ਪਾਵੈ ॥ ਪੀਪਾ ਪ੍ਰਣਵੈ ਪਰਮ ਤਤੁ ਹੈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਹੋਇ ਲਖਾਵੈ ॥੨॥੩॥: The body is the temple and God dwells in it; the body is the place of pilgrimage, of which I am a pilgrim (searching for God Within my body). Searching God within the body is like burning incense, lighting of lamps and offering delicious food on leaf plates in Poojaa. ||1|| When I searched my body within, I found the new Treasure (of Naam) which I was searching outside. (Since I have realized within my ownself) the Glory of Raam (now I can say that) nothing comes, and nothing goes (i.e. I don’t go through repeated scuffing in my daily life). ||1||Pause|| That One (God, Universal Energy) which functions and pervades outside in Brahmand also dwells Within the body; whoever seeks, finds (Realizes God Within). Peepaa prays – If Satguru is met (Wisdom of Truth: ਸੱਚਾ ਗਿਆਨ), then the Greatest Reality (Real Source, Creator, ਅਸਲੀਅਤ, ਤੱਤ, ਸੱਚ) is revealed (Within). ||2||3|| (sggs 695).
- ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਸੇ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭੀ ਓਹੀ ॥: Antari basae baahari bhee ohee (sggs 294).
- ਸੋ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਸੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਅਨੰਤ ॥: So antari so baahari aanant (sggs 293).
Just as a coin has two sides, but that does not mean there are two coins. Coin is just one, but it has two sides. Similarly, Nirgun and Sargun are two sides or aspects of the same One Formless Universal Energy which is wide-spread, everywhere. That Universal Energy is Kudrat (Nature), and the Kudrat is in the Universal Energy. One seed has extended or spread as the entire tree!
- ਨਾਨਕ ਏਕੋ ਪਸਰਿਆ ਦੂਜਾ ਕਹ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਾਰ ॥੧॥: O Nanak! One (Universal Energy) is wide-spread (ਫੈਲਿਆ ਹੋਇਆ), where can there be another seen? (sggs 292).
- ਫਰੀਦਾ ਖਾਲਕੁ ਖਲਕ ਮਹਿ ਖਲਕ ਵਸੈ ਰਬ ਮਾਹਿ ॥ ਮੰਦਾ ਕਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਖੀਐ ਜਾਂ ਤਿਸੁ ਬਿਨੁ ਕੋਈ ਨਾਹਿ ॥੭੫॥ : Fareed, the Creator (Universal Energy…) is in His Creation, and the Creation is in the Creator (i..e the Creator is Realized within His Creation). What of Creation can I deem bad when there is none without Him within. ॥75॥ (sggs 1381).
- ਆਪੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਆਪੁ ਸਾਜਿਓ ਆਪੀਨ੍ਹ੍ਹੈ ਰਚਿਓ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਦੁਯੀ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਸਾਜੀਐ ਕਰਿ ਆਸਣੁ ਡਿਠੋ ਚਾਉ ॥: (O Creator!) You are self-created, then You setup Your Existence – You exist within Your Creation; Creation is manifestation of You. (O Creator! After self-creating) secondly You Created Kudrat (System-Rule-Law of Nature) and You reside within it and delight. (sggs 463).
This means that – according to the Gurbani – both Sargun and Nirgun aspects are of the same ONE (the Universal Energy).
It’s Also called Hukam (Hukam-Roopa – System or Law of Nature…). The Universe and all its parts come from the One Hukam. Therefore, the Universal Hukam has all the potentialities and Power.
- ਹੁਕਮੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਭੁ ਕੋ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਹੁਕਮ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਹੁਕਮੈ ਜੇ ਬੁਝੈ ਤ ਹਉਮੈ ਕਹੈ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥੨॥ : Everyone is subject to the Creator’s Hukam (System-Rule-Law-Order of Nature), none is outside of His Hukam. Nanak, If one Realizes His Hukam Within, then one does not behave egotistically — upon Realizing the Hukam within, false perception that I exist outside of His Hukam ceases to be. ॥2॥ (sggs 1).
Further, in the Gurbani, Rabb (the Universal Energy) is also called Naam (Naam-Roop – Wisdom, Virtues, Bibek, Truth…) etc.
Although Omnipresent, however, whether one wants to Awaken this potentiality within (Wisdom, Virtues, Bibek, Truth…) or not is up to each one of us. Nobody else can do it for anybody else. Also it cannot be made to an order!
- ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਗਲੇ ਜੰਤ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਖੰਡ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਿਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਬੇਦ ਪੁਰਾਨ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸੁਨਨ ਗਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਆਗਾਸ ਪਾਤਾਲ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਸਗਲ ਆਕਾਰ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੇ ਧਾਰੇ ਪੁਰੀਆ ਸਭ ਭਵਨ ॥ ਨਾਮ ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ ਉਧਰੇ ਸੁਨਿ ਸ੍ਰਵਨ ॥: All living beings exist in accordance with Divine Hukam (i.e. System-Rule-Law of Nature, ਨਿਯਮ). The Universe exists in accordance with Divine Hukam (i.e. System-Rule-Law of Nature, ਨਿਯਮ). …. (sggs 284).
- ਜੇਤਾ ਕੀਤਾ ਤੇਤਾ ਨਾਉ ॥ ਵਿਣੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਕੋ ਥਾਉ ॥ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਕਵਣ ਕਹਾ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਵਾਰਿਆ ਨ ਜਾਵਾ ਏਕ ਵਾਰ ॥ : (My mind now Realizes that) all that is created (by my Conscience) is within the confines of the Hukam (ਨਾਉ-Niyam) of the Creator. (My mind also Realizes that) the Creator’s Hukam (System-Rule-Law-Order-Jurisdiction) is Omnipresent. The discourse of Kudrat (the creator’s Creation) is beyond my ability. (My inability is such that) I am unable to even once express my devotion (adequately). (sggs 9).
- ਏਕੋ ਸਬਦੁ ਏਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਵਰਤੈ ਸਭ ਏਕਸੁ ਤੇ ਉਤਪਤਿ ਚਲੈ ॥: The One Shabad, One Prabh (Universal Energy), prevails everywhere. All the creation comes from this One. (sggs 1334).
- ਏਕ ਕ੍ਰਿਸਨੰ ਸਰਬ ਦੇਵਾ ਦੇਵ ਦੇਵਾ ਤ ਆਤਮਾ ॥ ਆਤਮਾ ਬਾਸੁਦੇਵਸ੍ਯ੍ਯਿ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਜਾਣੈ ਭੇਉ ॥ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤਾ ਕਾ ਦਾਸੁ ਹੈ ਸੋਈ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਦੇਉ ॥੪॥: One Rabb (Universal Energy, Naam, Hukam or System-Rule-Law of Nature…) is the soul of all Devas. (This One Rabb is even) the soul of all Devas Devs (ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦੇ ਦੇਵਤਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਭੀ ਆਤਮਾ – Brahmin claims nonsense like 330 millions of Devas!). If any one knows the mystery or secret of the soul and the Omnipresent Rabb, Nanak is a slave of that person for (that person) himself is the Niranjan (Rabb-like, ਰੱਬ ਦਾ ਰੂਪ…). (sggs 469).
Those who live by the Hukam or Naam are awarded with Joy or Bliss in life. Those who defy it suffer the consequences and live unhappily. In other words, we all are responsible for our own thinking and the results.
Understandably, the Gurbani tells us that a Wise person (the Gurmukh) sees the visible or gross (‘Asathool-ਸਥੂਲ‘ – material, visible Jagat or world…) within the Invisible (‘ਸੂਖਮ’, subtle…)!
- ਸੂਖਮ ਮਹਿ ਜਾਨੈ ਅਸਥੂਲੁ ॥: (A Pandit who understands the Essence) sees the visible (‘Asathool-ਅਸਥੂਲ’-material, gross world or Jagat…) within the Invisible (‘Sookham-ਸੂਖਮ’ – subtle…). (sggs 274).
- ਭਵ ਸਾਗਰ ਸੁਖ ਸਾਗਰ ਮਾਹੀ ॥: The Bhav Saagar is within the Sukh Saagar. (sggs 323).
Last, but not least, this Universal Energy is the Creator, Unblemished (ਦੋਛਰਹਤ, ਮੈਲਰਹਤ, ਨਿਸ਼ਕਲੰਕ… ), Impartial (ਨਿਰਵੈਰ), All-powerful, and so on.
Those who live by the Law of Nature are awarded (with Joy, Bliss…) in life, and those who defy it suffer the consequences. In other words, we all are responsible for our own thinking and the resulting Karma or actions. The Universal Energy (the whole system or Law of Nature…) is not to be blamed.
- ਘਰਿ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਰਵਾਸਾ ਤੂ ਜਨ ਕੈ ਹੈ ਸੰਗਿ ॥: (O ‘Pritam Prabh’ – Universal Energy!) Within Home and without, I can count on You. You are always with ‘Jan’ (Gurmukh, Daas, Bhagat, etc., who live with Wisdom, Virtues, Truth…). (sggs 677).
- ਸੋ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਅਗਮਾ ਅਗਮ ਅਪਾਰਾ ॥: That Universal Energy is Unblemished, Unapproachable, Unfathomable and Incomparable.
- ਕਿਸੁ ਦੋਸੁ ਨ ਦੀਜੈ ਕਿਰਤੁ ਭਵਾਈ ॥੪॥: Don’t blame (Rabb); your own actions lead you astray. ||4|| (sggs 745).
However, for the sake of Golak (money, bread, ਰੋਟੀਆਂ…), the self-serving Pujaaree in Sikhi (clergy: Granthis, Parcharaks, Ragis, Dhadees etc.) and the freeloading Deraa-Vaad Baabaas (ਵੇਹਲੜ) etc. want people to remain tied to stale spirituality of pre-1469, useless rituals, fake and imaginary God and ‘Sachkhand ‘, fake hell and heaven, concocted ‘Jum Doot, Dharma Raj, and Chitr Gupt‘ etc. All this nonsense of Pujaaree has been logically debunked in the SGGS.
There aim is to keep people confused, ignorant, and tied to useless rituals or Karamkaand, wander at the so called locations of pilgrimage etc. from which Baabaa Nanak freed us. Fittingly, the SGGS commands all Sikhs to discard the corrupt Pujaaree system and their stale concepts from Sikhi.
In nutshell, Rabb – without form-shape-color (without ‘Roopu-ਰੂਪੁ’, ‘Raekh-ਰੇਖ’, and ‘Rangu-ਰੰਗੁ’) – is within our brain as:
Gurbani says Gur ke charan dhoi dhoi peeva, is it talking about a true guru in human body or what?, is living guru necessary for jeevan mukti?
Thank you brother Makhan Singh Rayat Ji for taking the time to respond.
Welcome to the Gurbani Blog!
If, we thinks, likes ,behaves as……………..” HIM”
Thank you Prakash S Bagga Ji for taking the time to respond. The Gurbani’s edict is that the Brahm is beyond the worldly qualities of form, shape, color:
• ਰੂਪੁ ਨ ਰੇਖ ਨ ਰੰਗੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਤ੍ਰਿਹੁ ਗੁਣ ਤੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਿੰਨ ॥ ਤਿਸਹਿ ਬੁਝਾਏ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਸੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਸੁਪ੍ਰਸੰਨ ॥੧॥: (“Prabh”) has no form, no shape, no color; “Prabh” is beyond these three worldly qualities. O Nanak! They alone understand this reality who are spiritually blessed. ||1|| (sggs 283).
In my understanding there exist nothing as FORMLESS . We should distinguish between VISIBLE and INVISIBLE forms. The WAVE FORM of anything is always INVISIBLE .There is transition of INVISIBLE FORM to VISIBLE PHYSICAL FORMS.
And all Visible Phyical forms are perishable and only invisible Wave form is imperishable. That is why Gurbani connects us with Abinaasee Prabhu THE ENTITY which is IMPERISHABLE and is for ever.
This IMPERISHABLE FORM is what is AADi SACHu,JUGAADi SACHu HAIBHEE SACHu NANAK HOSEE BHEE SACHu.
Thanks PrakashSBagga jio. Yes your are right, however, it seems, there are several other simlies/metaphors that document the pasar( expansion) such as soot(thread, mati/soil, Jali/mesh…and some more). In the western thought this process is expressed as ultimate in wisdom. Socrates/ Aristotle/ other Greeks use the word “Phronesis” that Socrates describes in Cratylus as a “Phronesis (wisdom), which may signify Phoras kai rhou noesis (perception of motion and flux), or perhaps Phoras onesis (the blessing of motion), but is at any rate connected with Pheresthai (motion); gnome (judgment), again, certainly implies the ponderation or consideration (nomesis) of generation, for to ponder is the same as to consider; or, if you would rather, here is noesis, the very word just now mentioned, which is neou esis (the desire of the new); the word neos implies that the world is always in process of creation.”
Gurbani does provide wisdom and knowledge about this world as shown above the universally explains the concepts of east and west, in addition, the BaNnee- which Sikhs are mistaken not been yet fully able to appreciate and consider BaNnee somewhat as ordinary language like with some grammar rules. GoRBaNnee is a Bridge connection to both side of the Formless and the Form ( that expands with desires) – a distinct gift of GuR NaNK not for Sikhs but the entire mankind, animal, plants and planetary domains. The NaMou BaNnee connects all.
Thank you Veer Ji for taking the time to respond!
In my understanding we need to critically understand the true meaning of the word “NIRANKAAR” as being envisaged in SGGS ji. We generally take its meaning to be as FORMLESS but is it truely so.
I find that NIRANKAAR is reference for the very SPECIFIC FORM of ABINAASEE PRABHu. We need to understand this form which is stated to be WAVE FORM and in SGGS ji this WAVE FORM is being described thru the word Guroo.
This SINGLE WAVE (Abinaasee Prabhu) also being refered as EKANKAARu expands further in infinite waves (PASREO AAP HOYE ANANT TARUNG)..Sukhmani Sahib.
This expansion of waves is OANKAARu.
Thank you Kirpal Singh Ji for taking the time to respond!
Thank you CharanS Ji for taking the time to respond!
It is interesting how some is connected to the whole -;) I had just finished reading following from a book of renowned French Scholar Derrida, and happened to see a link to your article sent to me by a friend. Thanks for doing great write up on the theme of Primordial form of being.
The primordial impression is the absolute beginning of the generation- the primal source, that from which all others are continuously generated. In itself, however, it is not generated; it does not come into existence as that which is generated but through spontaneous generation. It does not grow up( it has no seed): it is primal creation – this is [what Heidegger does explain in Kant and the Problem of Metaphysics] “the source point” or “primordial impression ” ( The phenomenology of Internal Time-Consciousness, Appendix I) – P.83 The Voice That Keeps Silence from SPEECH AND PHENOMENA – Jacque Derrida, Northwestern University Press 1973
Prabh ji basey sadh ki Rasna (M. 5).
Comments are closed.