This Gurbani Blog is featured by Gurbani.org – “Reflections On Gurbani” – which has been online since 1993. This blog feature was added to the Gurbani.org Website in 2009.
This is not a commercial website
- We decided to keep this entire Website non-commercial since its inception in 1993.
- This Website is not meant to make presentation of corrupt politics, rituals (Karamakaand), dogmas, etc., which have no place in the Divine Teaching of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS).
- This Website is not interested in using the Gurbani or Dharma as a mundane business (“ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ”, ਧੰਧਾ) as many are doing just that in the guise of Sikhi.
- Therefore, this Website is not for those who use the Gurbani, Dharma, or religion as a mundane business (“ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ”, ਧੰਧਾ), or who like their Understanding (Soojh-Boojh) of the Gurbani and Spirituality watered down.
- This Website is for those who have become aware that there is more to the Gurbani than the routine ritualistic and robotic reading or hearing of the Gurbani from the self-appointed Pujaaree Group.
- Here we aim at understanding the Gurbani (SGGS) through the Gurbani (SGGS).
“Why do you write?”
- The author is neither a scholar nor a writer and nor interested in being one. He does this Website to learn — to teach himself. Because, according to the SGGS, Sikhi is learning the Brahm-Giaan (the Divine Wisdom) of the Gur-Shabad. Thus, Above all else, the author writes to understand his own self (through the Spiritual Knowledge of the Gurbani). Only by doing that can he improve at anything (“ਜਨ ਨਾਨਕ ਬਿਨੁ ਆਪਾ ਚੀਨੈ ਮਿਟੈ ਨ ਭ੍ਰਮ ਕੀ ਕਾਈ ॥”).
- While reading the Gurbani (SGGS), he tries to understand it through the Gurbani, and writes it down so that he can remember or refer back to later.
- Some seekers may also find all this of some spiritual value; in that spirit he shares on this Website (“Vand Shaknaa“). Specifically, because, he knows people will come and correct him.
- Next to replying (if he can) to responses/comments made on the posts, he finds this a good way to really enhance his understanding of the Gurbani.
Nothing is prefect, including this. The author considers no work as his and as such he feels no hesitation in sharing, and dedicating this GURBANI BLOG as a flower of love to his fellow seekers.
If you know how to say the Gurbani’s meaning clearer, please share (“Vand Shaknaa“) in the comment section of each post.
Note on gender
It’s only for the ease of writing, we use a pronoun “He”. Also, the term “Man” is to be understood in its generic sense, including both woman and man, unless the context indicates otherwise.
Don’t cut/copy the material from this website and paste it on any other websites, PDF, social medias, newsletters, etc. WHY? The contents of this website routinely get updated. So, create a direct link to the articles or any other material posted on this website. This way the readers can see the most updated edition of our content.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material without express and written permission from the Gurbani.Org’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.