This Gurbani Blog is featured by Gurbani.org – “Reflections On Gurbani” – which has been online since 1993. This blog feature was added to the Gurbani.org Website in 2009.
Understand the Gurbani from the Gurbani
The Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS) asserts that the Gurbani should be understood FROM the Gurban!
- ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰ ਤੇ ਜਾਤੀ ਜਿ ਸਬਦਿ ਰਤੇ ਰੰਗੁ ਲਾਇ ॥: Those who remain engaged in the love of the Shabad (Shabad-Vichaar), understand the Gurbani from the Gurbani. (sggs 1346).
Hence, our attempt (ਛੋਟਾ ਜਿਹਾ ਉਪਰਾਲਾ, ਯਤਨ) here is to understand the Way or Wisdom of the Gurbani (SGGS) from the Gurbani (SGGS).
This is not a commercial website
- We decided to keep this entire Website non-commercial since its inception in 1993. For we are not interested in using the Gurbani or Dharma as a mundane business (“ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ”, ਧੰਧਾ) as many are doing just that in the guise of Sikhi.
- This Website is not meant to make presentation of corrupt politics, rituals (Karamakaand), dogmas, etc., which have no place in the Divine Teaching of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS).
- Hence, this Website is not for those who use the Gurbani, Dharma, or religion as a mundane business (“ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ”, ਧੰਧਾ), or who like their Understanding (Soojh-Boojh) of the Gurbani and Spirituality watered down.
- This Website is for those who have become aware that there is more to the Gurbani than the routine ritualistic and robotic reading or hearing of the Gurbani from the self-appointed Pujaaree Group.
“Why do you write?”
- The author is neither a scholar nor a writer and nor interested in being one. He does this Website to understand the deeper meaning and Message of the Gurbani (SGGS) through the Gurbani (SGGS) — to teach himself, NOT others.
- While reading the Gurbani (SGGS) and reflecting on it, he writes it down so that he can remember or refer back to later.
- Some seekers may also find all this of some spiritual value; in that spirit he shares on this Website (“Vand Shaknaa“). Specifically, because, he knows some will come and correct him.
Nothing is prefect, including this. If you know how to say the Gurbani’s meaning clearer, please share (“Vand Shaknaa“) in the comment section of each post.
Note on gender
It’s only for the ease of writing, we use a pronoun “He”. Also, the term “Man” is to be understood in its generic sense, including both woman and man, unless the context indicates otherwise.
Don’t cut/copy the material from this website and paste it on any other websites, PDF, social medias, newsletters, etc. WHY? The contents of this website routinely get updated. So, create a direct link to the articles or any other material posted on this website. This way the readers can see the most updated edition of our content.
Unauthorized use and/or duplication of material without express and written permission from the Gurbani.Org’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited.