>RELIGIOUS FANATICISM PART 8
Now I have no quarrel with anyone anymore; because I have abandoned
ITS CURE: "ABANDON THE PRIEST-CLASS"
the priest-class (of all religions: Pandit, Mullaas, and so on) (sggs 1159).
Whatever the priest-class has written, I reject; I do not accept any of it.
My heart is pure, and so I have seen the Lord within. Kabeer says:
searching, searching within the self, the Lord is met (sggs 1159).
The art of Spiritual living is the subtlest of all other arts. Therefore, as indicated in the scriptures and the teachings of the world Masters, one must thoroughly prepare himself by eliminating all discordant and undesirable elements in his life. This is must before one can freely and undistractedly plunge into the Divine or Spiritual Life. Because, without raising the character of his thoughts and depth of his understanding, one cannot raise the quality of his deeds.
In this context, we are reminded time and again by the scriptures and the Men of Light that the proper understanding and wisdom comes with self-integration — self-improvement, self-development, self-unfoldment, self-purification and self-rediscovery. Without achieving this Self-mastery within, one will not be able to abandon his association with the evil of selfishness: egoism, false self or "I-ness and my-ness" which gives rise to lust, greed, wrath, worldly attachment, self-conceit, enviousness, stubborn mindedness, and so on.
Selfishness is said to be the root of evil in the world. It begets corruption, falsehood, crookedness or fraud. The priest-craft is crafty by nature, therefore continuing menace to the world peace, harmony and beauty. It is the selfishness of the materialistic members of the priest-class (Pujaaree group) and their associates are responsible for the mess of all religions in the world. From our own experience and the experience of the world Masters, we know it's like this. This priest-class distort the scriptural truth to fit their own sordid ends, they distort the vision of Prophets to serve their own selfish motives and schemes, they create unmeaning rituals and blind superstition for controlling and swindling simpletons, they create complex and antagonistic adherent to divide people, they end up being powerful instrument in the hands of debased kings and corrupt politicians and other leaders in their scheme to oppress and exploit masses, and they rob people of their Spiritual Unfoldment. Falsehood and unrighteousness is the end result of such craftiness, making people go astray from the straight path.
- ਮਨਮੁਖ ਪੜਹਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ ॥: Manmukh parrahi pandit kahaavahi: The Manmukh (material being...) reads (or recite scriptures); and calls (himself a religious) scholars (ਵਿਦਵਾਨ). (sggs 128)!
- ਏਕ ਮਹਲਿ ਤੂੰ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਬਕਤਾ ਏਕ ਮਹਲਿ ਖਲੁ ਹੋਤਾ ॥: Ek mahali toon pandit bakataa ek mahali khal hotaa: In one person, you are a (religious) scholars (ਵਿਦਵਾਨ) and a preacher, and in another, You are just a fool (sggs 206).
- ਮਾਇਆ ਕਾ ਮੁਹਤਾਜੁ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਕਹਾਵੈ ॥: Maya kaa muhataaju panditu kahaavai: Infatuated by (the hunger of Maya), (he) calls himself Pandit (sggs 231).
- ਭੁਖੇ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਘਰੇ ਮਸੀਤਿ ॥: Bhukhe mullaan ghare maseet: The hungry Mullah turns his home into a mosque (or he goes to mosque for the sake of bread!) (sggs 1245).
- ਸੇਖਾ ਅੰਦਰਹੁ ਜੋਰੁ ਛਡਿ ਤੂ ਭਉ ਕਰਿ ਝਲੁ ਗਵਾਇ ॥: Sekhaa andharahu jor shadd too bhayu kar jhall gavaae: O Shaykh, abandon your cruel nature; live in the Fear of God and give up your madness (sggs 551).
- ਪੂਜਾ ਤਿਲਕ ਕਰਤ ਇਸਨਾਨਾਂ ॥ ਛੁਰੀ ਕਾਢਿ ਲੇਵੈ ਹਥਿ ਦਾਨਾ ॥੨॥ ਬੇਦੁ ਪੜੈ ਮੁਖਿ ਮੀਠੀ ਬਾਣੀ ॥ ਜੀਆਂ ਕੁਹਤ ਨ ਸੰਗੈ ਪਰਾਣੀ ॥੩॥: Pooja tilak karat isnaanaan. Chhuri kaadhi levai hathi daana ||2||. Bedu parhai mukh meethi bani ||2||. Jeeaan kuhat na sangai pranee ||3||: After a ritual bath the priests perform worship and apply the ceremonial tilak mark to their foreheads. Whipping out the knives they extort alms. With their sweet tongues they chant the Vedas, and yet they do not hesitate to take the lives of others ||3|| (sggs 201).
- ਕਾਜੀ ਹੋਇ ਕੈ ਬਹੈ ਨਿਆਇ ॥ ਫੇਰੇ ਤਸਬੀ ਕਰੇ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥ ਵਢੀ ਲੈ ਕੈ ਹਕੁ ਗਵਾਏ ॥ ਜੇ ਕੋ ਪੁਛੈ ਤਾ ਪੜਿ ਸੁਣਾਏ ॥ ਤੁਰਕ ਮੰਤ੍ਰੁ ਕਨਿ ਰਿਦੈ ਸਮਾਹਿ ॥ ਲੋਕ ਮੁਹਾਵਹਿ ਚਾੜੀ ਖਾਹਿ ॥: Kaazee hoi kai bahai niaai...: Becoming judges (Kaazee), they sit and administer justice. They chant on their rosaries, and call upon God. They accept bribes, and block justice. If someone asks them, they read quotations from their scriptures. Thus, the Muslim scriptures are in their ears and in their mind; but they plunder people and engage in gossip and flattery (sggs 951).
- ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਦਾਨੁ ਦੇਇ ਕਰਿ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਨਾ ॥ ਲੈਤ ਦੇਤ ਉਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮੂਕਰਿ ਪਰਨਾ ॥ ਜਿਤੁ ਦਰਿ ਤੁਮ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਹੈ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਜਾਣਾ ॥ ਤਿਤੁ ਦਰਿ ਤੂੰਹੀ ਹੈ ਪਛੁਤਾਣਾ ॥੧॥ ਐਸੇ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣ ਡੂਬੇ ਭਾਈ ॥ ਨਿਰਾਪਰਾਧ ਚਿਤਵਹਿ ਬੁਰਿਆਈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਲੋਭੁ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਹਲਕਾਏ ॥ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰਹਿ ਸਿਰਿ ਭਾਰੁ ਉਠਾਏ ॥ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੂਠਾ ਚੇਤੈ ਨਾਹੀ ॥ ਭਰਮੇ ਭੂਲਾ ਬਹੁਤੀ ਰਾਹੀ ॥੨॥ ਬਾਹਰਿ ਭੇਖ ਕਰਹਿ ਘਨੇਰੇ ॥ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਿਖਿਆ ਉਤਰੀ ਘੇਰੇ ॥ ਅਵਰ ਉਪਦੇਸੈ ਆਪਿ ਨ ਬੂਝੈ ॥ ਐਸਾ ਬ੍ਰਾਹਮਣੁ ਕਹੀ ਨ ਸੀਝੈ ॥੩॥ ਮੂਰਖ ਬਾਮਣ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਸਮਾਲਿ ॥ ਦੇਖਤ ਸੁਨਤ ਤੇਰੈ ਹੈ ਨਾਲਿ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇ ਹੋਵੀ ਭਾਗੁ ॥ ਮਾਨੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਗੁਰ ਚਰਣੀ ਲਾਗੁ ॥੪॥੮॥: Aasaa Mahalaa 5 || dhaan dhaee kar poojaa karanaa ....: Aasaa Mahalaa 5. They (host) give them (Brahmins) donations to perform worship. (O Brahmin) You take from them (hosts), and then deny that they have given anything to you (i.e., you are thankless). That door, through which you must ultimately go, O Brahmin - at that door, you will come to regret and repent (for your actions). ||1|| Such Brahmins will drown (in Maya). They think of doing evil to the innocent. ||1||Pause|| Within them is greed, and (in greed) they wander around like mad dogs (ਹਲਕਾਇਆ ਕੁੱਤਾ). They slander others and carry loads of sin (slander) upon their heads. Intoxicated by Maya, they do not think of the Lord. Deluded by doubt, they go astray in many ways. ||2|| Outwardly (to look pious and to impress others), they wear various religious robes, but within, they are enveloped by poison (of Maya). They instruct others (about Dharma), but do not understand (the same Dharma) themselves. Such Brahmins will not be happy anywhere. ||3|| O foolish Brahmin, reflect upon God. He watches and hears (whatever you do or say, etc.), and is always with you. Says Nanak, if this is your destiny, renounce your pride (false pride of high caste, wisdom, etc.), and grasp the Guru's Feet (surrender to the Guru) ||4||8|| (sggs 372).
The purpose and aim of any true scriptural text or Spiritual Teachers is to bring about a revolution in the individual's character and vision by integrating his mind and educating his conditioned intellect. To that end, the scriptures andthe Wise ones roar the following declaration: abandon your association with the crafty priest-class of all religions, debased rulers, kings and their lackeys (corrupt, ignorant and selfish clergy, clerics, religious leaders, politicians, affluent class, etc.). Abandoning association with them means abandoning association with the religious corruption or falsehood, and those who perpetrate it. As indicated in the scriptures, this is must if we intend to live in a conflict-free and harmonious society.
- ਭੈਰਉ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥ ਵਰਤ ਨ ਰਹਉ ਨ ਮਹ ਰਮਦਾਨਾ ॥ ਤਿਸੁ ਸੇਵੀ ਜੋ ਰਖੈ ਨਿਦਾਨਾ ॥੧॥ ਏਕੁ ਗੁਸਾਈ ਅਲਹੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹਾਂ ਨੇਬੇਰਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਹਜ ਕਾਬੈ ਜਾਉ ਨ ਤੀਰਥ ਪੂਜਾ ॥ ਏਕੋ ਸੇਵੀ ਅਵਰੁ ਨ ਦੂਜਾ ॥੨॥ ਪੂਜਾ ਕਰਉ ਨ ਨਿਵਾਜ ਗੁਜਾਰਉ ॥ ਏਕ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰ ਲੇ ਰਿਦੈ ਨਮਸਕਾਰਉ ॥੩॥ ਨਾ ਹਮ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਨ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਨ ॥ ਅਲਹ ਰਾਮ ਕੇ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਪਰਾਨ ॥੪॥: Bhairaou Mahalaa 5 || Varat na rahou na mah ramadaanaa ...: Bhairaou Mahalaa 5. I do not keep (Hindu) fasts, nor do I observe the (muslim) month of Ramadaan. I serve only the One God, who will protect me in the end ||1||. The One God (whom the Hindu call) Gusaaee and (whom the Muslims call) Allah, is my God. I am finished with both Hindus and Muslims ||1|| Pause ||. I do not make pilgrimages to Mecca, nor do I worship at Hindu sacred shrines. I serve the One God, and not any other ||2||. I do not perform Hindu worship services, nor do I offer the Muslim prayers-Nimaaz. I have taken the One Formless God into my Heart; I humbly worship Him there, within ||3||. I am not a Hindu, nor am I a Muslim. My body and breath of life belong to (whom muslims call) Allah and to (whom Hindus call) Raam ||4|| (sggs 1136).
- ਮੈਲੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰਡਾਇ ਕੈ ਈਸ ॥: Mailae brahamandaae kai ees: The rulers of kingdoms are corrupt (sggs 1158).
- ਮਾਇਆਧਾਰੀ ਛਤ੍ਰਪਤਿ ਤਿਨ੍ ਛੋਡਉ ਤਿਆਗਿ ॥: Mayadhaaree shatrapati tin shoddo tiaag: Renounce and abandon the wealthy, the regal overlords and kings (sggs 811).
- Say Bismillar, In the name of God, as the priest does with a knife when he offers an animal. Bismillar your old self to find your real name (Sufi Giyani Jalaluddin Rumi).
- Do not do according to their (priests) deeds, for they say but do not perform (Bible, Mt 23:3).
- But you men (priests) have turned aside from the way, you have caused many to stumble in the law, you have ruined the covenant of Levi (Bible, Mal 2:8). You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel. (Bible, Matt 23:24).
- O ye who believe there are indeed many among the priests and anchorites, who in falsehood devour the substance of men and hinder (them) from the way of Allah (Quran, 9:34).
A great one has said:
"Those who believe, do so like the dumb driven cattle in a herd and there is no active enthusiasm or diligent intellectual stocktaking on their part when they hear an advice or follow a path; unfortunately, religion is not meant for the unintelligent or for the stupid." Unfortunately, like any selfish person would do, the corrupt Pujaaree group (priest-class) takes advantage of people's unintelligence and stupidity.
All world Masters and the Bhagats (the Gurmukhs...) were well aware of the crookedness of this Pujaaree group. The Sikh Gurus not only strongly condemned the corrupt priest-class, they also took many precautions for preventing it from arising amongst the Sikhs. If we recall the history, for this very reason Guru Gobind Singh, the last Sikh Master, burnt some of them alive in a well at Anand Pur Sahib, and also at Dehra Dun! Even today, at times, many contemporary Men of Light, can be heard humorously making comments such as, "Put the entire priest-class of all religions in a ship. Once the ship has reached mid-ocean, torpedo it!"
- ਤਿਨ੍ ਸੰਗਿ ਸੰਗੁ ਨ ਕੀਚਈ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨਾ ਆਪਣਾ ਸੁਆਉ ॥: Tin sangi sang na keechaee Nanak jinaa aapunaa suaaou: Do not associate with those, O Nanak, who practice selfishness (sggs 520).
- ਛਾਡਿ ਮਨ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਮੁਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੰਗੁ ॥: Shaad mann har bimukhan ko sang: O mind, do not even associate with those who have turned their backs on God (sggs 1253).
- ਮਨਮੁਖਾ ਕੇਰੀ ਦੋਸਤੀ ਮਾਇਆ ਕਾ ਸਨਬੰਧੁ ॥: Manmukhaa keree dosatee Maya kaa sanabandh: Friendship with the material beings (Manmukhs) is an alliance with Maya--illusion, ignorance, and so on (sggs 959).
The priest-craft is very old; hence, very corrupt! In the very beginning there were no priests or shrines of pilgrimage! Things changed with the passing of the time, however. In ancient time, the person in charge of his ethnic group was also the shaman, the priest, the philosopher, the spiritual guide, the ruler or the king, and so on, who forged systems of law, worship, culture, custom and belief as it suited his own actions and mentality. As these small groups varied, so did the systems which satisfied each one including their languages, communication and differences. Thus, from the very inception, the followers of these groups absorbed the singular thought pattern postulated by their culture and their leaders, and these distinctions were perpetuated from one generation to the next. Over the centuries, although the social and political systems keep changing, but the priest-class remains unchanged, absorbed in the singular thought pattern.
Nowadays, if a person because of his crooked ways does not fit in the society, or if someone does not have any qualification to pursue a vocation, he becomes a priest (Pandit, Mullaa, Bhai or Granthee, Padre or clergyman, Rabbi, and so on)! A very paying business indeed, wherein there need not be any investment and, therefore, it is a safe activity of "all gains and no loss"! Baabaa Nanak says:
- ਵਰਨ ਭੇਖ ਨਹੀ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣ ਖਤ੍ਰੀ ...: Varan na bhekh nahee brahamana khatree ...: (In the beginning) there were no social classes, no religious robes, no caste (Brahmin, Kh'shaatriya, etc.). There were no demi-gods or temples, no cows or Gaayatri prayer. There were no burnt offerings, no ceremonial feasts, no cleansing rituals at sacred shrines of pilgrimage; no one worshipped in adoration. There was no Mullah, there was no Qazi. There was no Shaykh, or pilgrims to Mecca. There was no king or subjects, and no worldly egotism; no one spoke of himself (sggs 1035).
- ਸਲੋਕ ਮਃ ੧ ॥ ਗਿਆਨ ਵਿਹੂਣਾ ਗਾਵੈ ਗੀਤ ॥ ਭੁਖੇ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਘਰੇ ਮਸੀਤਿ ॥ ਮਖਟੂ ਹੋਇ ਕੈ ਕੰਨ ਪੜਾਏ ॥ ਫਕਰੁ ਕਰੇ ਹੋਰੁ ਜਾਤਿ ਗਵਾਏ ॥ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੀਰੁ ਸਦਾਏ ਮੰਗਣ ਜਾਇ ॥ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਮੂਲਿ ਨ ਲਗੀਐ ਪਾਇ ॥ ਘਾਲਿ ਖਾਇ ਕਿਛੁ ਹਥਹੁ ਦੇਇ ॥ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਹੁ ਪਛਾਣਹਿ ਸੇਇ ॥੧॥: Slok Ma: 1 || Giaan vihoonaa gaavai geet ...: Slok Ma: 1. The one who lacks spiritual wisdom sings religious songs (for the sake of earning bread). The hungry Mullah turns his home into a mosque (or he also goes to mosque for the sake of bread!). The lazy bum has his ears pierced to look like a Yogi. Someone else becomes a panhandler, and thus loses his self-respect. Someone calls himself a guru or a spiritual teacher, while he goes around begging for bread - don't ever touch their feet. One who works for what he eats, and gives some of what he has - O Nanak, he knows the path ||1|| (sggs 1245).
All world Masters appeared whenever the humanity was suffering from a corrupt and stagnant priesthood. If we sincerely look into the glorious lives of all world Masters (Nanak, Buddha, Mahaanvir, Jesus, Muhammad, Kabeer, Zarathustra, etc.) we will find that they all fearlessly raised their voices against the falsehood of the crafty priest-class, religions, religious establishments and religious regimes. They came with a vigorous mission to free mankind from the bounds of corrupt priests and their lackeys (corrupt, ignorant and selfish religious leaders, politicians, affluent class, debased rulers or kings, etc.), and to uplift humanity from the then prevailing foolish ways to enable it to walk erect on the path of Truth and Righteousness, selfless service and Devotion. They sacrificed their lives to reform the masses, to spread the message of righteous values among humanity, to reestablish Dharma and moral order when people went astray, and to protect those who still hold on tenaciously to Spiritual Truth. But they were harassed, tortured, and persecuted by the priest-class.
Generally, after the Master left the scene, what happens is that his followers down the road create a separate religions and priesthoods with their own selfish agenda, dogmas, unmeaning rituals, complex adherents and antagonists! And the history repeats itself!
- ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਜੋ ਲਿਖਿ ਦੀਆ ॥ ਛਾਡਿ ਚਲੇ ਹਮ ਕਛੂ ਨ ਲੀਆ ॥੩॥: Pandit mulaan jo likhi deeaa. Chhaadi cale ham kachhoo n leeaa ||3||: Whatever the Pandit and the Mullaan has written (the path of Karamkaand, Shariyat...), I have abandoned (all of that); I have not taken any of it ||3||. (sggs 1159).
- ਹਮਰਾ ਝਗਰਾ ਰਹਾ ਨ ਕੋਊ ॥ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਛਾਡੇ ਦੋਊ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥: Hamaraa jhagaraa rahaa na ko-oo. Pandit mulaan shaade do-oo ||1|| Rahaaou ||: (Now) I have no quarrel with anyone anymore; because I have abandoned both the Pandit and the Mullaan (ਦੋਹਾਂ ਦੇ ਦੱਸੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਨਾਲ ਮੇਰਾ ਕੋਈ ਵਾਸਤਾ ਨਹੀਂ - the path of Karamkaand, Shariyat...). |1|| Pause || (sggs 1158).
- ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹਾਂ ਨੇਬੇਰਾ ॥: Hindu turak dohaan niberaa (sggs 1136).
- "I will add that it is good to be born in a church, but it is bad to die there. It is good to be born as a child, but it is bad to remain a child. Churches, ceremonies, symbols, are good for children; but when the child is grown up, he must burst either the church or himself." (Vivekanand).
Three things that keep us supporting (knowingly or unknowingly) our own selfishness or crookedness as well as the corrupt priest-class are: Unconsciousness or headlessness, sensual tastes and desires that gush out of our false ego (false self or "I-ness" and "my-ness"), and our bad habits which have made us act like robots and machines.
- ਕਬੀਰ ਧਰਤੀ ਸਾਧ ਕੀ ਤਸਕਰ ਬੈਸਹਿ ਗਾਹਿ ॥: Kabeer dharatee saadh kee tusakar baisahi gaahi: Kabeer, the earth belongs to the Holy, but it is being occupied by thieves (sggs 1375).
- ਬਿਖਿਆ ਕਾ ਸਭੁ ਧੰਧੁ ਪਸਾਰੁ ॥: Bikhiaa kaa sabh dhandh pasaar: All of man's conflicts are extensions of his corruption (sggs 1145).
Overtaken by this dangerous trio, we conduct our daily activities in shear selfishness; and the priests lay down rituals, ceremonies, religious wearing and other paraphernalia, and a list of "dos" and "don'ts" for the followers. They also issue religious edicts and decrees for others to follow. They take upon themselves the task of administering the punishment to offenders of God's commandment and their own edicts and decrees. As the religion gets older and life becomes complicated, the list of such rules grows longer and longer; making one wonder if the wish of the priests is not the wish of God!
- ਬ੍ਰਹਮਣ ਵਾਦੁ ਪੜਹਿ ਕਰਿ ਕਿਰਿਆ ਕਰਣੀ ਕਰਮ ਕਰਾਏ ॥: Brahaman vaad parhahi kari kiriaa karanee karam karaaeae: The priests study and argue about the scriptures; they perform ceremonial rituals, and lead others in these rituals (sggs 1332).
- ਕਾਜੀ ਸੇਖ ਭੇਖ ਫਕੀਰਾ ॥ ਵਡੇ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ ਹਉਮੈ ਤਨਿ ਪੀਰਾ ॥: Kaajee sekh bhekh fakeeraa. vuddae kehaavehi houmai than peeraa: The Qazis, Shaykhs and Fakeers in religious robes call themselves great; but through their egotism, their bodies are suffering in pain (sggs 227).
- ਪੰਡਿਤ ਜੋਤਕੀ ਸਭਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਕੂਕਦੇ ਕਿਸੁ ਪਹਿ ਕਰਹਿ ਪੁਕਾਰਾ ਰਾਮ ॥: Pandit jotakee sabh parhi parhi kookade kis pahi karahi pukaaraa Raam: All the religious scholars and astrologers read and study, and argue and shout. Who are they trying to teach? (sggs 571).
- ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੋਨੀ ਥਾਕੇ ਭੇਖੀ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥: Parhi parhi Pandit monee thaakae bhaekhee mukati na paaee: Reading and studying continually, the religious scholars and the silent sages have grown weary; wearing religious robes, liberation is not obtained (sggs 440).
- ਬੁਤ ਪੂਜਿ ਪੂਜਿ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਮੂਏ ਤੁਰਕ ਮੂਏ ਸਿਰੁ ਨਾਈ ॥ ਓਇ ਲੇ ਜਾਰੇ ਓਇ ਲੇ ਗਾਡੇ ਤੇਰੀ ਗਤਿ ਦੁਹੂ ਨ ਪਾਈ ॥ ੧॥ ਮਨ ਰੇ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ਅੰਧ ਗਹੇਰਾ ॥: Butt pooj pooj hindu moo-e turak moo-e sir naaee...: Worshipping their idols, the Hindus die; the Muslims die bowing their heads. The Hindus cremate their dead, while the Muslims bury theirs; neither finds Your true state, Lord ||1||. O mind, the world is a deep, dark pit (of ignorance) (sggs 654).
- If you want Dervishhood, spiritual poverty, and emptiness, you must be friends with a Sheikh. Talking about it, reading books, and doing practices don't help. Soul receives from soul that knowing (Sufi Jallaludin Rumi).
The selfish and corrupt priest-class of each religion wants everybody to believe totally that their religious text is the absolute and final word of God; therefore, if anything is not stated in the scripture of their own religion, then, it cannot be true! Also, they want people to believe that their Prophet was the only man of Light. They preach their followers that anybody who does not belong to their religion is inferior or do not deserve to live. This is why their is so much hatred towards other religions and other scriptures; for people think that other religions and their scriptural texts are false, hence, must be destroyed. They name their blind religious zeal as "Jihaad", "Crusade", "Dharma Yudh" or "Holy War"; and perpetrate untold sufferings and cruelty on humanity in the name of religion and God.
- ਮੂਲੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਲਾਗੇ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਈ ॥: Mool shod laagae doojai bhaaee: Abandoning the Source of all, they have become attached to the love of duality (sggs 232).
- ਅੰਧਾ ਝਖਿ ਝਖਿ ਪਇਆ ਝੇਰਿ ॥: Andhaa jhakhi jhakhi paiaa jheri: The spiritually blind fool is caught in conflict, bothered and bewildered (sggs 1287).
- ਮਨਮੁਖੀਆ ਸਿਰਿ ਮਾਰ ਵਾਦਿ ਖਪਾਈਐ ॥: Manmukheeaa siri maar vaad khapaaeeai: The problem of the Manmukh's (material being) head is this: he is consumed by conflict (sggs 420).
- ਬਦਫੈਲੀ ਗੈਬਾਨਾ ਖਸਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਣਈ ... : Badfailee gaibaanaa khasam na jaanaee.....: The foolish demon, who does evil deeds, does not know God. Call him a mad-man, if he does not understand the Self. The strife of this world is evil; these struggles are consuming it. Without the Lord’s Name, life is worthless. Through doubt, the people are being destroyed (sggs 142).
- ਮੁਲਾਂ ਕਹਹੁ ਨਿਆਉ ਖੁਦਾਈ ॥ ਤੇਰੇ ਮਨ ਕਾ ਭਰਮੁ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥: Mullan Kahau niaayu khudaaee. Tere mann kaa bharam na jaaee: (You say that One God is in all, still you kill other beings) O Mullah, tell me: is this God's Justice? The doubts of your mind have not been dispelled (sggs 1350).
Such stubborn fanatics suffering from the mental disease of duality, create absurd and frightening concepts about God. They act as "there yonder" is a separate God of Muslims, a separate God of Christian, a separate God of Sikhs, a separate God of Hindus, so on and so forth. To them a Sikh soul is different than a Christian soul or a Hindu soul or a Muslim soul, and vice versa. Thus, they sow the seeds of ignorance, hatred, animosity, dissatisfaction and differences in the human society. As a result, the world history is soaked with wars, holocaust and innocent blood; all in the name of religion and God. In this fallen condition, ignorant fools commit sins through their Mann (mind or thought), Bachan (speech or word), and Karam (body or deeds).
- ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੁਹੂੰ ਮਹਿ ਏਕੈ ਕਹੈ ਕਬੀਰ ਪੁਕਾਰੀ ॥ : Hindu turak duhoon mahi ekai kahai kabeer pukaaree: Kabeer says: I proclaim this out loud that there is One God within both Hindu and Muslim (sggs 483).
The reason people behave in such a destructive manners is that, due to ignorance, they do not see One God in all beings. Overtaken by the spell of duality, false ego-sense, or mistaken self-identity, they have no sense of Oneness. Consequently, such people always find themselves engaged in activities that brings the human society harm. Scriptures consider such people enemies of the goodness in the world, because they are always engaged in inventing or creating something that is conducive to only destruction.
- ਹਉਮੈ ਝਗੜਾ ਪਾਇਓਨੁ ਝਗੜੈ ਜਗੁ ਮੁਇਆ ॥: Haumai jgagrhaa paaionjhagrhai jag muiaa: Through egotism, the world is caught in conflict and strife, and it dies (in these quarrels and suffers...). (sggs 790).
- ਬੈਰ ਬਿਰੋਧ ਕਾਮ ਕ੍ਰੋਧ ਮੋਹ ॥ ਝੂਠ ਬਿਕਾਰ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਭ ਧ੍ਰੋਹ ॥ ਇਆਹੂ ਜੁਗਤਿ ਬਿਹਾਨੇ ਕਈ ਜਨਮ ॥: Bair birodhh kaam krodhh moh. Jhooth bikaar mahaa lobh dhroh. Eiaahoo jugati bihaane kaee janam: Hate, conflict, lust, anger, emotional attachment, falsehood, corruption, immense greed and deceit. So many lifetimes are wasted in these ways (sggs 267).
- ਸਿਆਮਲੰ ਮਧੁਰ ਮਾਨੁਖ੍ਹੰ ਰਿਦਯੰ ਭੂਮਿ ਵੈਰਣਹ ॥: Siaamalam madhur maanukham ridayam bhoomi vairanah: The mortal is beautiful and speaks sweet words, but in the farm of his heart, he harbors cruel vengeance (sggs 1359).
- ਕਾਹੇ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਵਹੁ ਵੈਰਿ ਵਾਦਿ ॥: Kaahae janam gavaavahu vair vaadi: Why waste your life in hatred, vengeance and conflict? (sggs 1176).
- ਛੋਡਹੁ ਕਪਟੁ ਹੋਇ ਨਿਰਵੈਰਾ ਸੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸੰਗਿ ਨਿਹਾਰੇ ॥: Shodahu kapatt hoi niravairaa so prabh sa(n)gi nihaare: Abandon your deception, and go beyond vengeance; see God who is always with you (sggs 1220).
- ਝਖਿ ਬੋਲਣੁ ਕਿਆ ਜਗ ਸਿਉ ਵਾਦੁ ॥ ਝੂਰਿ ਮਰੈ ਦੇਖੈ ਪਰਮਾਦੁ ॥: Jhakh bolan kiaa jag siou vaad. Jhoor marai dekhai paramaad: Why do you speak nonsense, and argue with the world? Seeing your madness (of arguing with the world instead of God's meditation or Naam-Simran, etc.), you will die repenting in the end (sggs 933).
The complex and antagonistic differences of belief and custom created by the crafty priest-class gives rise to obstructions that separate man and his organized religion from God. These obstructions are dogmatic fanaticism, ruthless bigotry, blind prejudices and brutal intolerance. Man's such ignorant behavior has given birth to a serious problem — religious extremism and fundamentalism. Because of this, thousands of years of religion has been stained by bloodshed! There is nothing more devilish and hellish than a thirst for blood, fired by a religious fanaticism.
The crafty priest-class divides people into religious groups, alliances, castes, classes, creeds, race, color of the skin, ancestry, social status, and so on. Such divisions give rise to false pride (Ahankaar); which, in turn, begets sin and corruption; making people go astray from the path of Truth and Righteousness (Dharma).
- ਮੂਰਖ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਹਿਕਮਤਿ ਹੁਜਤਿ ਸੰਜੈ ਕਰਹਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥: The foolish Pandit, by their clever arguments (crafty tricks...), are fond of gathering wealth (Maya...). (sggs 469).
- ਸੂਦੁ ਸੂਦੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਾਰਿ ਉਠਾਇਓ ਕਹਾ ਕਰਉ ਬਾਪ ਬੀਠੁਲਾ ॥: Sood sood kar maar outhaaio kahaa karou baap beethalaa (sssg 1292).
The priests read and read scriptures, only to instigate arguments, controversies, conflicts, differences and communalism. They interpret the scriptural texts, religious philosophy and the gospel of godly souls to suit their own concepts, selfish deeds, sins, material logic and mental speculations. Thus, they intentionally pervert the true sublime essence of the scriptural statements for their own benefits (lust and greed — "Kanik Kaamini"). Mentally blind, they are unable to see unity in diversity as their scriptures reveal to them. They can't preach the Truth; for they themselves are false. That's why they use religious places for preaching brutal hatred toward other religions and fellow human beings, and for making inflammatory political pronouncements. They side with the falsehood and hideous lies when it comes to God, His Word, and matters related to Him. They construct (or reconstruct) the theology of their respective religion to suit their own hypotheses, notions or fabrications. They edit the scriptures to suit their own selfish actions and loose character, as well as that of the rulers or kings (who in many cases also control the clerics and clergy). They take the Messenger's words out of context to justify their own personal thoughts, deeds, hypotheses and idiosyncrasies.
- ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਬਾਦੁ ਵਖਾਣੈ ॥: Parri parri panditu baadu vakhaanai: The Padit reads and reads (scriptutes), only to stir up argument and controversy(sggs 152).
- ਕਾਜੀਆ ਬਾਮਣਾ ਕੀ ਗਲ ਥਕੀ ਅਗਦੁ ਪੜੈ ਸੈਤਾਨੁ ਵੇ ਲਾਲੋ ॥: Kaajeeaa baamanaa kee gal thakkee agadu parrai saitaanu ve laalo: The Qazis and the Brahmins have lost their roles, and Satan now conducts the marriage rites, O Lalo (sggs 722).
- ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਉਚਾ ਕੂਕਦਾ ਮਾਇਆ ਮੋਹਿ ਪਿਆਰੁ ॥: Panditu parri parri ouchaa kookadaa maaiaa mohi piaaru: The Pandit reads and reads, and shout out loud attached to the love of Maya (sggs 86).
- ਪੰਡਿਤ ਵਾਚਹਿ ਪੋਥੀਆ ਨਾ ਬੂਝਹਿ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ ॥: Pandit vaachahi potheeaa naa boojhahi veechaaru: The Pandits read (their scriptural texts), but do not understand the real meaning (sggs 56).
- ਪੜਿ ਪੜਿ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮੋਨੀ ਥਕੇ ਦੂਜੈ ਭਾਇ ਪਤਿ ਖੋਈ ॥: Parr parr pandit monee thaake doojai bhaae patt khoee: Reading and reading, the Pandits and the silent sages have grown weary, but attached to the love of duality, they have lost their honor (sggs 70).
- ਕਾਜੀ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਏਕੁ ਤੋਹੀ ਮਹਿ ਤੇਰਾ ਸੋਚਿ ਬਿਚਾਰਿ ਨ ਦੇਖੈ ॥: Kaajee saahib ek tohee mahi teraa sochi bichaar na dekhai: O Qazi, the One Lord is within you, but you do not behold Him by thought or contemplation (sggs 483).
- ਥਾਨਸਟ ਜਗ ਭਰਿਸਟ ਹੋਏ ਡੂਬਤਾ ਇਵ ਜਗੁ ॥: Thaansat jag bhrishat hoye doobtaa iv jag: The holy places of worship in the world are polluted, and so the world is drowning (sggs 662).
- ਬਿਖਿਆ ਕਾ ਸਭੁ ਧੰਧੁ ਪਸਾਰੁ ॥: Bikhiaa kaa sabh dhandh pasaar: All man's conflicts are extensions of his corruption (sggs 1145).
- ਨਾ ਓਇ ਜੋਗੀ ਨਾ ਓਇ ਜੰਗਮ ਨਾ ਓਇ ਕਾਜੀ ਮੁੰਲਾ ॥ ਦਯਿ ਵਿਗੋਏ ਫਿਰਹਿ ਵਿਗੁਤੇ ਫਿਟਾ ਵਤੈ ਗਲਾ ॥: Naa o-i jogee naa o-i jangam naa o-i kaajee mullaan. Dayi vigoeae firahi vigute fittaa vatai gallaa: They are not Yogis, and they are not Jangams, followers of Shiva. They are not Qazis or Mullahs. Ruined by their actions, they wander around in disgrace, and their entire following goes contaminated (sggs 149).
A spiritually ignorant person is cruel and destructive by nature. To support the corrupt rulers and their sinful deeds, the corrupt priest-class meddle in the world's political affairs and support the wars of their nations. If we review the world history, we will find that they have also supported the opposing sides in wars within their own religion! During the religious history of Europe and middle-east, Christian "Crusaders" and Muslims alike killed each other and countless innocent people, destroyed sacred places of worship; all in the name of religion and God! They collaborate with their respective political powers when they conquered, enslaved, plundered, looted and humiliated other peoples. They were in the forefront of the persecuting, torturing, and killing of those who disagreed with them.
It's a common occurrence in religions that if a group within a given religion loses its control on the day-to-day affairs (i.e., "money"!) of that religion, they split into sects and cults, based on their ill feelings and ill intentions rather than a genuine Spiritual cause. This is why every religion is plagued with different sects and cults; who do not see each other eye-to-eye.
- ਮੂਰਖੁ ਹੋਇ ਨ ਆਖੀ ਸੂਝੈ ॥ ਜਿਹਵਾ ਰਸੁ ਨਹੀ ਕਹਿਆ ਬੂਝੈ ॥ ਬਿਖੁ ਕਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਜਗ ਸਿਉ ਲੂਝੈ ॥੬॥: Moorakhu hoi n aakhee soojhai ..: That person is a fool who does not see (the All-pervading Lord...) with his eyes; whose tongue is devoid of the (Naam-) Ras (ਨਾਮ-ਰਸ, Taste of Naam...), and who does not understand (the Gurmat, Gurbani's Teaching...). Intoxicated with the poison (of Maya), he argues with the world ||6|| (sggs 414).
- ਮਨਮੁਖਿ ਕਮਲਾ ਰਗੜੈ ਲੁਝੈ ॥: Manmukh kamalaa ragrrai loojhai: The Manmukh (material being) drives himself crazy struggling with worries and stubbornness (sggs 1418).
- ਕਾਹੇ ਜਨਮੁ ਗਵਾਵਹੁ ਵੈਰਿ ਵਾਦਿ ॥: Kaahae janam gavaavahu vair vaad: Why do you waste your life in hatred, vengeance and conflict? (sggs 1176).
- As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did (Quran, 6:159).
The results are in front of us! The corrupt priest class of all organized religions has simply reduced religion to a level of mundane business. The basic principle that religion is not different from the practice for the Realization of one's own Essential Nature (Mool, Jot, Source....) is forgotten. Its object of seeing One God in all, achieving mutual love, selfless service, equanimity of mind and enjoying real Peace, Love, Joy and Bliss as a living reality is no where to be found. Consequently, an integral view of life, right faith, right type of spiritual knowledge and right conduct needed for treading the path of salvation is missing.
Apparently, from the early days, the crafty priest-craft has been the great menace of history! Seemingly, all world religions have been hijacked by a small group of fanatic and bigot clerics, clergy, and their lackeys (corrupt, ignorant and selfish priests, religious leaders, politicians, rulers, kings, affluent class, etc.). The way they are doing it is by hiding their evil face and true colors behind the faith and religion! How can this cancer of religious corruption, bigotry and brutal fanaticism that is destroying the civilized world be eradicated? The Gurbani offers us the solution: "Abandon the priest-class" and "hold tight to the Truth only".
- ਮੈ ਅਵਰੁ ਗਿਆਨੁ ਨ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਪੂਜਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਵਸਿ ਰਹੇ ॥ ਭੇਖੁ ਭਵਨੀ ਹਠੁ ਨ ਜਾਨਾ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਸਚੁ ਗਹਿ ਰਹੇ ॥੧॥: Mai avar giaan n dhiaan poojaa Hari Naam antari vasi rahe. Bhekh bhavnee hath n jaanaa Nanakaa sach gahi rahe ||1||: God's Name dwells deep within me, I know no other wisdom, meditation or worship. I know nothing about religious robes, pilgrimages or stubbornness; O Nanak, I only hold tight to the Truth ||1|| (sggs 843).
- ਕੂੜੁ ਛੋਡਿ ਸਾਚੇ ਕਉ ਧਾਵਹੁ ॥: Koorr shod saache kayu dhaavahu: Abandon falsehood, and pursue the Truth (sggs 1028).
- ਬੰਧਨ ਕਰਮ ਧਰਮ ਹਉ ਕੀਆ ॥: Bandhan karam dharma hayu keeyaa: Acting in false ego, people are entangled with religious rituals, and religious faith (sggs 416).
- ਮਨੁ ਕਰਿ ਮਕਾ ਕਿਬਲਾ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਹੀ ॥ ਬੋਲਨਹਾਰੁ ਪਰਮ ਗੁਰੁ ਏਹੀ ॥੧॥ ਕਹੁ ਰੇ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਬਾਂਗ ਨਿਵਾਜ ॥ ਏਕ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਦਸੈ ਦਰਵਾਜ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥ ਮਿਸਿਮਿਲਿ ਤਾਮਸੁ ਭਰਮੁ ਕਦੂਰੀ ॥ ਭਾਖਿ ਲੇ ਪੰਚੈ ਹੋਇ ਸਬੂਰੀ ॥੨॥ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਕਾ ਸਾਹਿਬੁ ਏਕ ॥ ਕਹ ਕਰੈ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਕਹ ਕਰੈ ਸੇਖ ॥੩॥ ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਹਉ ਭਇਆ ਦਿਵਾਨਾ ॥ ਮੁਸਿ ਮੁਸਿ ਮਨੂਆ ਸਹਜਿ ਸਮਾਨਾ ॥੪॥੪॥: Manu kar makaa kibalaa kar dehee ...: Let your mind be Mecca, and your body the temple of worship. Let the Supreme God, be the One who speaks ||1||. O Mullah, thus being established within yourself, now utter a call to prayer within. The one mosque has ten doors (ten senses) ||1|| Pause ||. (O Mullaan, instead of slaughtering or sacrificing animals) slaughter your own evil nature, doubt and cruelty; consume the five demons and you will be blessed with contentment ||2||. Know that the Hindus and the Muslims have the same One God. What can the title of Mullah and the Shaykh do? ||3|| Says Kabeer, people think I am gone insane (because, my utterances appear insane to the mentally blind people). But, slowly slowly, now my mind has merged into the Celestial Peace ||4||4|| (sggs 1158).
- ਕਹਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਰਾਮ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵਉ ॥ ਹਿੰਦੂ ਤੁਰਕ ਦੋਊ ਸਮਝਾਵਉ ॥: Kahat Kabeer raam gun gaavo. Hindu urak do-oo samajhaavo: Says Kabeer, I sing the Glorious Praises of God; I teach both Hindus and Muslims (sggs 478).
- ਸੋ ਮੁਲਾਂ ਜੋ ਮਨ ਸਿਉ ਲਰੈ ॥: He alone is a Mullah, who struggles with his mind (sggs 274).
- ਸੋ ਪੰਡਿਤੁ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਇ ॥: So pandit gur sabad kamaai: He alone is a priest, who lives the Divine Name (sggs 888).
- ਤਾ ਤੂ ਮੁਲਾ ਤਾ ਤੂ ਕਾਜੀ ਜਾਣਹਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਖੁਦਾਈ ॥: Taa too mulaa taa too kaajee jaanahi naam khudaaee: You are a Mullah, and you are a Qazi, only when you understand the Divine Naam (sggs 24).
- ਸੋਈ ਕਾਜੀ ਜਿਨਿ ਆਪੁ ਤਜਿਆ ਇਕੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਕੀਆ ਆਧਾਰੋ ॥: Soee kaajee jin aap tajiaa ik naam keeaa aadhaaro: He alone is a Qazi, who renounces selfishness and conceit, and makes the Name of the One Divine his Support (sggs 24).
- ਸੋ ਮੁਲਾ ਮਲਊਨ ਨਿਵਾਰੈ ਸੋ ਦਰਵੇਸੁ ਜਿਸੁ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਧਰਾ ॥: So mulaa mal-oon nivaarai so daraves jis sifat dharaa: He alone is a Mullah, who eradicates evil passions within; he alone is a Dervish, who makes God's Praise is Support (sggs 1084).
- ਚੁ ਕਮਾਵੈ ਸੋਈ ਕਾਜੀ ॥: Sach kamaavai soee kaajee: He alone is a Qazi, who practices the Truth (sggs 1084).
- ਦੇਹ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਮਨੁ ਮਉਲਾਣਾ ਕਲਮ ਖੁਦਾਈ ਪਾਕੁ ਖਰਾ ॥: Deh maseet manu moulaanaa klam khudaaee paak kharaa: Let your body be the mosque, and your mind the priest. Let true purity be God's Word for you (sggs 1083).
- ਸੇਖਾ ਚਉਚਕਿਆ ਚਉਵਾਇਆ ਏਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਇਕਤੁ ਘਰਿ ਆਣਿ ॥: Sekhaa chouchakiaa chouvaaiaa ehu manu ikat ghar aan: O Shaykh, you wander in the four directions, blown by the four winds; bring your mind back to the home of the One Lord (sggs 646).
- ਸਾਚ ਕਹੋਂ ਸੁਨ ਲੇਹੁ ਸਭੈ ਜਿਨ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਕੀਓ ਤਿਨ ਹੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਪਾਇਓ ॥: Saach kahon sun leho sabhai jin prem keeo tin hee prabh paaio: Listen all, I tell you the Truth: One who practices love attains God (Guru Gobind Singh Jee).
- ਬਿਨੁ ਪ੍ਰੀਤੀ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਬਿਨੁ ਸਬਦੈ ਥਾਇ ਨ ਪਾਇ ॥: Bin preetee bhagti n hovayee bin shabde thaai n paai: Without love, no Devotion is possible; and without Shabad or Naam, no one finds acceptance (sggs 67).
- He that does not love has not come to know God, because God is love (Bible, 1John 4:8). Love your neighbor (Bible).
- The best type of yogi is he who feels for others, whether in grief or pleasure, even as he feels for himself (Gita 6:32).
- A lover's food is love for God ....Love alone is worth hunting — but how can you catch it in your snare? Unless, perhpas, you become His prey: Leave aside your snare and enter His! (Sufi Jalaluddin Rumi).
- Zuhiri's breast is full to the brim with the love of the beloved. No place is left in my heart for hating my rivals (Sufi Sarmad).
The failure of the corrupt clergy of the world religions does not mean the failure of the Spiritual Masters and the scriptural texts. Rather, it shows why the following problems persistently exist in the world: selfishness, wickedness, falsehood, corruption, lust, anger, greed, sense attachment, self-conceit, enviousness, stubborn mindedness, fraud, hatred, abuse, promiscuity, meanness, avarice, cruelty, ill will, unkindness, destructive instinct, impulsiveness, fickle-mindedness, harshness of speech and thought, inharmoniousness, revengefulness, cowardice, mental sloth, differences, bitterness, pessimism, dissatisfaction, fanaticism, danger, tension, animosity, vengeance, pain and suffering, cults, gurudoms, saintdoms, extremism, pathological hatred, blind rage, violence, quarrelsome attitude, radicalism, terrorism, impatience, bigotry, brutal intolerance, impatience, spiritual indifference, dullness, laziness, impurity (of body, mind, and soul), covetousness, ignorance, foolishness, narrow-mindedness, worry, lack of vision and foresight, impudence, ill feeling, materialism, slavery, personal idiosyncrasies, selective or narrow vision, inhuman tyrants, animalistic instincts, sins, irreligiousness (Adharma), fundamentalism, insanity, abandonment of reality and reasoning, grief, lawlessness, anarchy, oppression, saucy temper, anguish, blind-faith, destruction, mob-mentality, xenophobia, fear, wars, genocide, religious persecution, repression, chaos, confusion, doubts, superstition, immoderation, excessive eating and sleeping, troubles, conflicts, pretense of goodness, degeneracy, arrogance, high-handedness, worldly entanglements, mercilessness, brutality, animalism, killing, self-styled vigilantes, psychopaths as self-appointed leaders, totalitarianism, fascism, racism, partiality, communalism, barbaric criminals, relinquishment of human rights and civil liberties, misinformation, deception, hypocrisy, strife, ostentation, sacrilegiousness, moroseness, desecration of scriptures, sequestration of woman, madness of believing in caste (Jaat-Paat), racial pride, desire to hurt others, misappropriations, consummation of unnatural foods and drinks, decry of spiritual life, shunning Divine Nature, and enjoyment in evil nature (seeing evil, listening to evil, tasting evil, touching evil, thinking evil, willing evil, feeling evil, speaking evil, remembering evil, and doing evil).
The scriptures and the world Masters ask us to be alert and vigilant for the corruption being perpetrated in the name of religion and God. There is nothing in the world so hellish as religious fanaticism and savage bigotry. Therefore, it's high time for world-community of freethinkers, humanists, and intelligentsia; and people of open mind, understanding, commonsense, and rational thought to stand up and be counted. They should unequivocally denounce this barbarism for what it is: The butchery of innocent people in the name of religion and God. They should examine the tenets of their faith, constricted interpretations of their faith, any adulteration of their scriptures and theology, and recognize its role in the instigation of religious violence and killing in the name of their religion and God, as well as its role in creating a godless civilization. Thus, there can be concerted international action against international religious fanaticism and bigotry only if the international community is of one firm mind and resolve. To clean up this swamp of corruption and evil forces, people throughout the world must mobilize the silent majority to defeat this evil power that inflicts the horrible plague upon the world. Otherwise, the minority fanatics and bigots will only grow to create more havoc in the human society!
- ਦੁਨੀਆ ਹੁਸੀਆਰ ਬੇਦਾਰ ਜਾਗਤ ਮੁਸੀਅਤ ਹਉ ਰੇ ਭਾਈ ॥: Duneeaa huseeaar bedaar jaagat museeat hayu re bhaaee: People of the world, remain awake and aware. Even though you are awake, you are being robbed, O Siblings of Destiny (sggs 972).
- ਆਜੁ ਮਿਲਾਵਾ ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦ ਟਾਕਿਮ ਕੂੰਜੜੀਆ ਮਨਹੁ ਮਚਿੰਦੜੀਆ ॥ : Aaju milaavaa sekh fareed taakim koonjarreeaa manahu machindarreeaa (sggs 488).
- Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep's covering, but inside they ravenous wolves (Bible, Matt 7:15). They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works (Bible, Titus 1:16).
- Say: verily, my Lord hath guided me to a Way that is straight, a religion of right.... (Quran, 6:161).
- And they have been commanded no more than this: to worship Allah, offering Him sincere devotion, being True (in Faith); to establish regular Prayer; and to practise regular Charity; and that is the Religion right and straight (Quran, 98:5).
- Mazahab nahee sikhaataa aapas mai vair karnaa: Religion does not teach hatred towards others (Poet Dr. Iqbal).
- Prayer differs according to religion, but faith does not change by religion. Its states, its focus, and so forth, are immutable (Sufi Jalaluddin Rumi).
— T. Singh